Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Back garden singletrack/jumps
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Has anyone built any kid sized singletrack or jumps in their garden? My kids are 6 and 4 now and love cycling, particularly the BMX track, but rather than drive them over there, it would be great to build something in the garden.

I don’t want it to look like a BMX track, but it’s on a gentle slope so could be quite good fun if done well.

Not suggesting something like the Atherton’s have but has anyone got any inspiration?!

What materials would I need to build some small berms?

qwerty
    Free Member

I think I saw a pretty compact pump track in Dirt once, very tight, tech and hard.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Just googled it actually and came across this – it looks rather American but some of the ideas could work quite nicely!

There’s a section of my garden which we never used that’s maybe 6m wide and 25m long on a slope so I might have a go at something this summer!

http://www.ihatebikes.net/site/pump-tracks/backyard-spotlight-john-and-maggies-pump-track/

wwaswas

a section of my garden … that’s maybe 6m wide and 25m long

not a victorian terrace then 😉

hughjayteens
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

a section of my garden … that’s maybe 6m wide and 25m long

not a victorian terrace then

No! The garden is about 40m wide and x 35m long there’s a 6m wide section up to one corner that is just meadowgrass etc and overgrown with brambles etc which isn’t really visible from the house, so would probably (possibly!) get past the boss if it’s converted for the kids! Think she’d rather put a vegetable patch on there but we don’t have enough time to look after the garden as is so making it fun for the kids (and me!) makes more sense I think!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Anyone?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Back garden singletrack/jumps’ is closed to new replies.