Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Baby/toddler rucksacks – which one?
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Hi All

Looking to ditch the pushchair and get a rucksack type thingy for the 1 year old. Any recommendations? Makes/types/opinions etc welcome!

cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive tried two – one bushbaby and the latest is a vaude.

Both of them I find give me a dead leg within 5 minutes if I use the hip belt.
    I reckon they design them for the mums with fat arses 🙄
    I did try the vaude on with a 10kg weight in it in the shop, but not for long enough.
    The Mrs doesnt have a problem with them.
    I just end up carrying much of the weight on my shoulders instead.

The vaude is better than the bushbaby though.

andyfla
    Free Member

We have the macpac one, brilliant bit of kit – not cheap though.
    Longest I have used it for is 6 hours walking in the lakes when the little man was 18months old.

He loved it, and I found it as comfortable as any 15kg pack can be.

brassneck

2 little life ones, one from a car boot sale (full size, all the extra rain covers etc.) and one from a little life rep, the lightweight smaller job.. ex demo stock for a tenner..

Very good, both of ours have paid them the highest possible compliment of a) lasting more than a couple of hours in them comfortably and b) falling asleep fairly readily.

Been up plenty of hills and mountains and conversely are great around the house when the littlest is a bit clingy and mum has stuff to get done.

Worth spending a bit on I think, we tried a couple of cheapies and boot sale bits and they just didn't work as well, plus we'vew had so much use out of them – like you say in many places they're more useful than a pushchair and the kids seem happier in them.

mugsys_m8

Little Life Cross Country for Etienne. He seems very happy with it, and we don't use the pushchair/ pram at all.

More than enough storage for a day trip, without being too unwieldy.
    Adjustable back suits the difference in height between Mrs Mugsy and Me.

Brooker99
    Free Member

3rd Little life – Cross country IIRC.

I still carry our 5yo from time to time if we try to walk too far. She gets a bit heavy pretty quickly though.

Adjustable back is v simple but works for us.

Our carrier is 4 years old now and still going strong too – now carries Amelie who is 3.

tankslapper
    Free Member

2nd the Macpak – kerwality bit of kit. Ours even has a rear view mirror!

Rickos
    Free Member

BushBaby top of the range one (forget its name). It's got suspension so the passenger isn't bounced around as much, but that also means you don't feel their weight through your knees with every step as much either. Super adjustable straps and back length to get the perfect fit, so really comfy. I used it for an hour and a half at the weekend with our 7 month old boy with no problems or discomfort. We got it on an offer for £80 (I think).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Baby/toddler rucksacks – which one?’ is closed to new replies.