Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Baby Carriers
  • BB

My wife has finally found acceptance after my many years of lurking…

She asks:

…Could you research or ask your Singletrack buddies to recommend a baby carrier for my bike?

(He's just coming up to a year old)

Cheers.

Lactic
    Free Member

we've got one of these
    child seat

for our daughter. We bought it when she was 10 months and she loves it.

cookeaa

I bought a similar one that mounts up front off the down tube, nipper isn’t quite old enough yet though so can’t really give a qualified review of it just yet, I’m itching to pop her on it (5 months old now, seems to have a pretty strong in the neck), Missus says no, not before she can sit up for herself, that’s miles off yet….

When are you supposed to pop em in the carriers?

BB

I think her head might fall off at 5 months!! You'd be lucky to get a helmet that size even if they were strong enough.

We've been told about 10 months/ 1 year. So they don't try and leap out…

td66
    Free Member

Hamax Discovery, the baby sits in front of you but behind the bars, great job.

cookeaa

Yep I was thinking 9-10 months, good job the missus is here to put the brakes on …
    I'd have her riding by 1 but I don't think my time scales andpush parenting are very realistic…

BB

That Hamax look great td66. You can make sure they don't jump out and perfect for the wifes bike..!

peath
    Free Member

We've got a 5 month old too; I was most disappointed when I'd carried out some research and discovered I'd have to wait so long to take him out for his first bike ride!

Ah well, I guess it's a bit too cold and muddy for a young one at the moment any way…

Stripe
    Free Member

Kids have to be able to support themselves i.e: hold themselves upright before even thinking of going in a child seat.

If i had to do it all again – i'd get a trailer instead.

Seats are £50-80 ish, trailers are £120-200 and they'll carry 2 kids (weighted to @100lbs) and all your gear too !

peath
    Free Member

Probably unfounded – but the idea of trailers with children in has always worried me for trips on the road. The idea of a car hitting me from behind scared me.

May be worth investigating for canal path trips…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Baby Carriers’ is closed to new replies.