Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ay-up lights – anyone used?
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Someone on twitter recommended these to me:
    http://www.ayup-lights.com/technical/lights/
    has anyone ever used them? what do you think?

mountainposture

Yes, I have a set. I really like them but have never used anything else so can't really compare. The thing I really like is the flexibility of the units which you can use on bars, helmets or as a headtorch. Very light and very bright. Good batteries. Absolutely cracking customer service from them too.

And the bloke's from Lancashire so…. 😀

iht4
    Free Member

I have a set and think they are ace! Probably not as bright as you can get now for the money, but the light units are bulletproof and the battery has taken a beating and still work excellently.

just wish I could afford a second set!

29erKeith
    Free Member

great lights
    not the brightest no but enough as a pair for me
    great vfm and very versatile and bullet proof
    great burn time for the £'s and weight
    no longer have a uk distributor though 😥
    so take a little longer and you may get stung for duty though
    still good vfm in my eye's though
    customer services from oz is still good though

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

One thing to remember with these lights is you will get a import charge from DHL who will pass that on to you. It used to be included in the costs but not anymore. Friend of mine got hit with it just before christmas….

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I've got a couple of sets and I also have the £50 from DealExtreme.
    They are really well designed and made. The split beam can be useful but on the pure power output the cheap and cheerful light wins.
    That said the Ay-Ups give me more than enough light for XC riding.
    They need to get a UK supplier again! That would make them a much better prospect.

mrmo
    Free Member

have a set, light and simple, they could be brighter but what they lack they make up for in runtime and simplicity.

I don't like complicated electronic lights, seen too many fail, simple is good.

This is not to say they aren't bright, they are bright enough but do work best as a set, bar and helmet and as a set batterys, cablesm chargers, etc are all common, you don't have to remember where things are and what has been mislaid.

epicyclo

Great lights.

I've had Hope Vision 2, NiteRider TriNewt, and assorted others and prefer the AyUps because they are so simple and have enough brightness. Plus you can buy extra bits like a spare head unit with a different beam pattern.

rootes1

my sis has some, i have borrowed them – nice and neat plus well made shame the pound is so weak against the ozzy dollar though

khewett
    Free Member

great lights, small bright, good value and long burn times

mikewsmith
    Free Member

brilliant, I got a set when I was in Oz, missus got some before christmas twin set comes out at around £320 with duty etc. No real need for a UK dealer as they would just add to the price. Took 5 days to arrive from Brisbane to Cumbria (better than CRC some days) It took 7 days to get them when I was in Tasmania.

The warranty is fully honored world wide and I have heard they will post replacement parts to you when you send them back so fast turnaround.

as for brightness, a single light is not as good as a £250 LED but you get 2 sets so it makes up for it. Most flexible package I have seen 2 Lid mounts, 3 bar mounts, 3 batteries, red caps for rear light, charger that does mains & 12v. Not much more you need really – oh and really light weight if you keep the battery off the lid 55g per light unit.

Shandy
    Free Member

I love them.

The kit is expensive but you get a lot of components and mounts throw in and they are very flexible. The head torch is outstanding. They're straightforward to set up and charge, reliable, and give plenty of light with a wide beam on the bars and a spot on the head.

I'm sure there are plenty of ways to put something together that is cheaper and brighter, I just wanted something that was as flexible and reliable as possible.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Anyone got any pics of these in action, Need some new light??

mikewsmith
    Free Member
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ay-up lights – anyone used?’ is closed to new replies.