Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ay-Up batteries
  • SaxonRider

Yikes! I haven’t been out on my bike at night for over a year, and my Ay-Ups have been sitting in a box over that whole time. I had charged the batteries up before they got put in there.

Is there any hope that they will still work, and if so, what sort of life they might have?

MrTall
    Free Member

I leave mine for months at a time and they still give the same burn times as when they were new. Ayups are great.

I’d give them another charge to top them up and then head for the trails.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i can think of at least two ways to find out that doesn’t involve wild speculation! (the forum’s speciality 😉 )

but as you’ve come here, i seem to recall reading that the batteries don’t need to to be left full, or empty, or otherwise, and will still work more or less the same. i think…

i’ve left mine for several months without a noticeably diminished battery life.

DaveRambo

I do the same as MrTall.

Had then for nearly 4 years, don’t use them for months then recharge and they last about 3/4 of what they did when new I reckon.

The smaller battery when new lasts 3hrs and I reckon it’ll do 2hrs 30 now

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Had mine for three years – they get left for 6 months over summer – never any problems

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

As Stoats, had mine for 3 years and they don’t get used in summer. No worries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ay-Up batteries’ is closed to new replies.