Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Axl Rose
  • meehaja
    Free Member

Last time I saw GnR, all I saw was a good covers band with a singer who had to change his clothes between every song. Late 80’s-mid 90’s yey Axl. 2012, meh.

PrinceJohn

one good album a legend doesn’t make.

See also Oasis.

Kuco

It was his mediocre screech that I liked, shame he was such a knob end.

sc-xc

That letter, is written, with far too many, commas (and brackets), making it virtually, unreadable to me (or others). Also the use of several, numerous, assorted and various words that attempt to make the same point, makes him sound, like a tit, knob, idiot or tosser.

carlosg
    Free Member

he’s a k**b for sure , personally I never rated G’n’R as a great band anyway , a couple of good songs at best. Their attitude towards the fans wound me up , turning up on stage 2 and 3 hours late then being surprised when people kick off instead of kissing the ground they walked on.They never got any of my hard earned though I prefer something a bit heavier than that hairspray rock 😀

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Been a fan of GnR for years, had the pleasure of seeing both GnR recently and velvet revolver before they split. Axel peed a few people off, including his own band, but he is still a talented vocalist. The early GnR stuff is superb. Nothing at the time was like it. Chinese democracy was, for me, very strange.
    Love velvet revolver and slash’s own stuff. It’s just good, honest rock n roll. Which is what the band is all about.
    Lead singers have always been a bit fragile, but often that is what sets them apart. The band will always have a following which can’t be said about some of the rubbish being released today( god I sound old!!!!)

trailmonkey

appetite for destruction is a guilty pleasure for me. you know you shouldn’t but you can’t help yourself.

always thought he was a bit of a squeezer though

Kryton57

Interesting that in the hall of fame induction last night a good few people from the band took a chance to have a pop at him.

Yes he’s an odd one, but he also helped put them where they are.

dogbert
    Free Member

Guns n’ Roses, the band that became so overblown and believing their own hype they pushed me away from the hair metal music and towards something a little more stripped down and gratifying

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry4F7HbYi3I&feature=related[/video]

carlosg
    Free Member

Yes he’s an odd one, but he also helped put them where they are

2 way street , without the rest of the band he might not be where he is now (made of plastic/fat/massive ego)

LS
    Free Member

GnR were never really hair metal, they were a direct descendant of the Stones and early Aerosmith. If anything they helped to get rid of the godawful crap like Warrant, Quiet Riot and all the other jokers well before Nirvana.
    AfD is a game-changing album (well it was for me as a 10yr-old), cut all the dross out of UYI I and II and you’ve got another world-beating double album. The guitar on those two records from Izzy and Slash is incredible.
    That was the end of the line though as Axl and his crazy behaviour killed it off. He’s a prize tosser of the first order, and the fact that he dares to call his comedy sideshow act of today GnR says it all.

CountZero

His voice is the band , no doubt slash , izzy n duff contributed but if anyone else sung those songs it would not be the same. and you cant say that about the rest of them ,

No, if anyone else sang them they’d be much improved. Axl’s strangled caterwauling is bordering on abhorrent. I don’t own, nor ever will, a single GnR track, nothing about them gives me any sort of thrill or sense of excitement, unlike many other bands I’ve seen and heard over the last forty-plus years.

Cougar

I’m pretty much where LS is I think.

I like GnR; Appetite and Illusion were phenomenal albums that still hold up today. Axl is an entertaining frontman with a brilliant, distinctive voice even if it does take a bit of getting used to.

However, he is a helmet of the highest order. Total self-absorbed prima donna who keeps everyone waiting because he can.

I’ve seen them live twice. Once in the early 90s, UYI tour, supported by Soundgarden and Faith No More. Gig was cancelled and rescheduled, and an “extra special gig” was promised; they turned up an hour late, played for not much over an hour and then went “well, it’s Sunday, so we have to stop now.” Great show until then, though they were completely blown off the stage by FNM who were superlative.

Second time was a couple of years ago, the Axl + band show, seems these days he’s spending his cocaine money on pies. Again, true to form, cracking gig and he can certainly still sing, but sitting on the floor of a too-hot MEN for two hours waiting for Lord Rose to grace us with his presence means that it’ll be the last GnR gig I’ll be going to for the forseeable.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Axl Rose’ is closed to new replies.