Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Avid juicy lever grub screw replacement?
  • bullit
    Free Member

argh – the grub screw holding the lever blade in the mount on my Jucy carbon brake has fallen out leaving the lever unattached and the pin able to fall out as well.
    It's a short 2mm grub screw – does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
    Lever pin is currently being secured with electrical tape so not good.

geetee1972
    Free Member

It's a pain in the arse when that happens. Same thing happened to my Juicy Carbons as well. You need one of these:

It's a pushrod kit £9.99; CRC don't have them in stock. Alternatively try to get a bodge replacement from a hardware store?

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

It's because of the thread in the carbon lever. Someone needs to tell Avid that you can't cut a thread for a tiny steel grub screw into carbon fibre.

As a bodge, use a lock-on clamp bolt. Loads more secure. Have done this countless times, and on occasion, left the bolt in as a permanent solution.

bullit
    Free Member

thanks for the help folks. Aye, its a right pain in the arse, but I'll get it sorted with the pushrod kit when back in stock, or bodge it upas suggested. Mad to thinkk that the entire brake unit can be disabled so easily by the loosening off of a tiny weak grub screw. Och well, thats mountain bike components for you – many seem to be designed with gremlins to make punters spend a fortune on maintenance.
    Cheers

Nagasaki
    Free Member

Bullit, try Petra cycles for the kit:

http://www.petracycles.co.uk/avid-pushrod-juicy-carbonultimate-p-57017.html

I got a few parts off them (bango bolt seals and lever reservoir cap) when servicing my Juicy 7s recently. They're not quite as quick at despatching as CRC (maybe 1 extra day) but definitely worth a try to get you back on the bike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Avid juicy lever grub screw replacement?’ is closed to new replies.