Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Average weight for trail/enduro bike?
  • LoCo
    Free Member

I swear the Remedy is made of coke cans (very very thin walls) 😉 few carbon guards dotted about on the frame for rock strikes, will re weigh in a bit when back together ready for the weekends trip 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Current spec. 32 1/2 lbs.

Now has Pikes, hans dampf front, bonty xr3 team ed. back. steel bolts to replace a few of the cheesy ali ones, powa guard and pig iron 400m post while waiting for new nice one and the steel spring too. shock has just been shortened to a 183mm eye to eye and valved, ported and feels rather nice 😀 bit heavy now though 😉 The nics that were on there before weren’t tough enough though as kept puncturing.

photo 2 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

photo 1 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

Northwind

I just stuck a der baron on the front of mine so it weighs approximately as much as my car, 32lb-ish I reckon.

roverpig

My 20″ Five comes in at 30.6 lb on the bathroom scales. That’s set up like this.

You had those bathroom scales calibrated recently roverpig? 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

There is no way in hell that Bionicon weighs 30lb. 😯

andyrm
    Free Member

Tom, you’d be surprised. Stock weight for an Alva 180 with 3×9 X9, heavier wheels, tubes and other bits is 32. Been on 3 different sets of scales this year with consistent results 🙂

There is no way in hell that Bionicon weighs 30lb.

Haha – have to admit, I thought the same 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I like Bionicons idea though, just wish the 160mm fork was less agricultural looking and had an uprated damper in it.

Wonder if you get Craig at Avalanche to fit one of his cartridges into it.

I’ve always wanted a light 160mm front and rear bike with dual crowns (proper forks, I don’t do x-ups and have no use for single crowns).

I’d actually be arsed to pay silly money if someone took that idea, did the frame in carbon fibre and Ohlins/Rock Shox/Fox designed the system around a semi active rear shock, with both forks and shocks having independently adjustable low/high speed rebound and low speed compression.

roverpig

You had those bathroom scales calibrated recently roverpig?

Kind of. They give the same weight for me as I got at the doctor’s 🙂

It’s built fairly light: Fox 32s, 2×10, Hope X2 brakes, Hope BB, Hope Hoops running Nobby Nics tubeless etc. I’d be quite happy to add some weight to it if I needed it any stronger as I’m not really that bothered about weight, but it works just fine as it is for my trail mincing.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Now wondering if I could get my hands on a Specialized carbon Enduro frame, a Lapierre E.I system, a bionicon fork (don’t need a travel reducing shock), an avy damper and produce some sort of unholy frankenstein bike. Time to start ringing people I know who might be able to get me the bits.

SOAP
    Free Member

Just shy of 32lb. Think I would have to spend a lot of money to lose weight.

Now wondering if I could get my hands on a Specialized carbon Enduro frame, a Lapierre E.I system, a bionicon fork

And end up with an Enduro SL?

Untitled by davetheblade, on Flickr

I_Ache
    Free Member

My Enduro Evo weighs around 34lbs, I dropped 1lb by changing the rather heavily sprung rear spring for a lighter one. And the new one is steel, I would probably save at least another 1/2lb by putting on a Ti spring.

There is loads of weight saving I want to do that will probably make the bike even nicer to ride, sixc bars, slx cranks and 821s will probably save over 2lbs.

sgn23
    Free Member

Are we allowed to measure in kilograms or is bike weight one of those things like wheel sizes that always has to be Imperial?

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

2012 vitus escarpe 1 only upgrades are bar and stem,bathroom scales method, weighing in at 34 pounds.stock claimed weight is 27.5 pounds. scales must be wrong,i hope

pbooker1995
    Free Member

My Alpine weighs 31.5lbs with a bitta mud.

Spec includes, Vengeance Air HLR, RP23, Hope Race Evo M4, flows with pro 2 evos, renthal bar, XT goupo and reverb.

Rides very nice, just waiting on a longer stem.

chrisb57
    Free Member

My 2013 Trek Remedy 9.9 misbuild with remedy 9 spec, has a stealth dropper, carbon haven bar and was fitted with stans crest wheelset.Got her down to 27lbs.That was also tubeless too.

chopchop
    Free Member

Loco, that’s an old frame of mine and is sorely missed. Lovely bike to ride and was a very light build (as a 26″!). I only sold it as I wasn’t enamoured by the stock drcv shock, I bet the coil transforms it. Its looking good in the current build.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Enduro with Marz 55s, flows and xt/slx

Comes in at just over 33lbs if I remember correctly. Could get it lighter, but I’d rather spend my pennies on lightening my XC bike. Don’t think a lb here or there matters on a bike like the enduro, its never going to be quick up a hill (with me on it)

I_Ache
    Free Member

sgn23 mtb’s have to be measured in imperial and road bike have to be measured in metric. I hope this clears things up for you.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Nicolai AC 650b, with Revs,Monarch plus,Reverb,xo 2×10,Arch ex rims.

29lbs

Northwind

sgn23 – Member

Are we allowed to measure in kilograms or is bike weight one of those things like wheel sizes that always has to be Imperial?

I use whichever measurement sounds lighter. “sub 10kg” not 22lbs

hairyscary

This is 31.5lbs (calibrated scales) with pedals and a 2.5 exo minion on the back, not the Specialized Butcher as pictured.

Whyte 146 by MattNSmith, on Flickr

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

My last few have been all under 30lbs, including my current Enduro29.

That should be under 28, when I put the carbon wheels on it 🙂

maxtorque

My Spesty yo-yo’s between about 28 and 30lbs, depending on build and what travel flavour i’m running it with:

Like that^^^ in 160mm mode, with the SuperGravity HansDampfs and 203mm brakes it’s a tiny smidge over 30lbs i reckon.

Light enough to be fast, fast enough to be heavy………

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’m about to make my enduro weigh more by replacing the piss poor fox 34 with my old coil 36 forks
    Should be about 30-31 lb after the change over so
    Still not to bad

Scapegoat

sgn23 – Member

lesgrandepotato

I’m round about the 22lb mark. Scott spark 20 xt / xtr and fancy hoops. Do I really need a bigger big will I have more fun on the local stuff? Can’t quite fathom it? Am I missing the point?

Yetiman
    Free Member

My Nicolai Helius AC 29er has just dropped below 30lbs. Pikes and carbon rims would probably allow me to shed another 1lb or so but I’m really happy with the current weight v performance.

lesgrandepotato – Member

I’m round about the 22lb mark. Scott spark 20 xt / xtr and fancy hoops. Do I really need a bigger big will I have more fun on the local stuff? Can’t quite fathom it? Am I missing the point?

You are missing the point of this thread I’d say, but as for your bike – if it does what you want, then it’s the right bike for you?

messiah
    Free Member

30lb… 1500g carbon rimmed wheels, XX1, carbon bars, 135g saddle, etc… quite an expensive weight weenie build as set up for the Trans-Savoie.

tmb467
    Free Member

Scott Voltage in 160/150 mode with a vivid coil, 36 vans, DH pedals and cheap wheels is just under 34lb

Next few months will see a monarch plus and some flows on hope which should knock it closer to 30lb

Even without the changes tho, it runs really nicely

honourablegeorge

Are those Light-Bicycle rims, messiah? Any issues?

messiah
    Free Member

The Light-Bicycle Carbon rims have been an interesting experiment so far, I’m awaiting a warranty replacement for the rear. They ride brilliantly but my rear cracked rather easily… the mk2 versions are supposed to be stronger so I’m going for one of them. Fingers crossed.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Average weight for trail/enduro bike?’ is closed to new replies.