Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • avalanchesuspension.co.uk
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

This was in my Book of Face feed this morning:
    FOR RELEASE FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER
    Sprung Suspension Workshop bring Avalanche Suspension Products to the UK
    Avalanche have long been known for their finesse when it comes to tuning and modifying suspension parts, with 40 years of experience and some of the best suspension brains in the business.
    Sprung Suspension Workshop only opened earlier this year, but as the brainchild of Jake Ireland, formerly of Dirt and MBUK, and having worked with various bike companies on suspension design, the business has been growing rapidly and has been putting itself well and truly on the map.
    Jake Ireland, of Sprung Suspension Workshop says:
    “I’m super stoked to have Avalanche on board at Sprung. The thinking behind the products is very much in line with the way we ride in the UK – with a big emphasis on the downhills, but with the climbs very much still a part of riding for us. Removing the pedalling biased valving from shocks and replacing it with a system that pedals just as well, but has a huge improvement on the descents makes a lot of sense to us. The product range is huge – we’ll be implementing it slowly to make sure our quality record stays at the incredibly high level it’s at now. Come and get sprung!”
    Craig Seekins of Avalanche Downhill Racing says:
    “We are very proud to have developed a relationship with Jake, he will definitely represent us at a level that we know will live up to the quality and performance you have come to expect from Avalanche. Now our products, modifications and service will be available to the UK, a welcome addition for our customers and his.“
    The Avalanche range will be fully available in the UK by around December, however the Rockshox Monarch Plus shock upgrade is already available, and the Fox CTD, Float X, X2, and Rockshox Monarch upgrades will be available soon.
    We have created a dedicated Avalanche website for the UK, which is now live at http://www.avalanchesuspension.co.uk
    Although the press release gives the necessary information for you, please get in contact so we can provide you with some unique content for your media.
    Jake Ireland – Sprung Suspension Workshop
    jake@sprungsuspension.com
    +44 (0)1594 800910
    Craig Seekins
    craig@avalanchedownhillracing.com
    +1 860-537-4306
    Website link will be up soon!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Awesome.

Jake has my monarch for avalanche upgrade, hopefully get it back in the next few days. He was astounded when told him about this thread!.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ll have to send mine off and asking what’s causing the “lump” in the travel. If it’s the air spring, I guess there’s little that can be done. If it’s the damping then I might get a shock that works!
    Previous avalanche upgreads have been awesome.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

‘Lump’ feeling could be oil flow issue created by shim stack?.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My issues with Monarch plus were –

-Feels harsh descending with 200 psi
    -any less, it feels wallowy climbing
    -even with rebound wound right off, when I launch off drops, bike wants to kick me off the front
    -rear really sits up in travel, especially in really steep stuff
    -a good 12-15mm of travel left on shaft whatever way I set it up.

I tried numerous configurations of bands in the pos chamber, didn’t really get anywhere.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine isn’t too bad apart for this lump. I get to around 15% travel and it lets go for a couple of mm before working again. I’ve assumed so far, that it was the transfer simple between the two air chambers but if it’s damping, it’s easier to fix.

Wonder if avalanche UK will join in this thread. Looks like there’s some potential customers here already.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just waiting on Jake getting back to me, I’ll let you know how it rides.

dhrider
    Free Member

He was astounded when told him about this thread!.

What, that it was the worst kept secret since we all knew from looking at who owned the domain name?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That someone was actually that interested/motivated to check that out mate!

P-Jay
    Free Member

No prices for replacement fork dampers yet… (please be reasonable, please be reasonable…)

russyh
    Free Member

Sprung serviced and upgraded my rct3 pike with the Adreani tuning kit last month! The fork is absolutely awesome now! Great guys! My monarch plus is now due a service so I will book it in for an avalanche upgrade whilst I’m at it.

squealer
    Free Member

Sprung posted a pic on their Instagram today of the first monarch they’d done before it got sent out. Possibly yours no beer?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think so, they posted it today!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

First proper ride today, monarch with Avalanche upgrade.

Suitably impressed.

The shock now does what I wanted it to do, nice and supple, very reactive to small bumps, holds up when climbing, and feels bottomless descending. **** awesome!.

Thanks so much to Jake at sprung suspension, and best of luck with the new venture.

Rode lots of the enduro tracks at Ae today, still buzzing….

Yetiman
    Free Member

Thread resurrection….

A big thumbs up to Jake for doing a fantastic job getting my Avy DHX air back into tip top condition. Been running an AVy fork and shock for close to 3 years, and I’ll be looking to get anopther fork converted soon, so it’s good to have a UK Avalanche service centre now. Jake comes across as a top bloke too, and is as helpful and chatty on the phone as Craig at Avalanche HQ is. 😀

kelvin

Does he have prices yet?

poah
    Free Member

emailed him got nothing back

kimbers

Yetiman, how much was service on your act rear shock, my avvy dhx LSC dial has got very stiff lately !

Yetiman
    Free Member

I didn’t ask about upgrade costs, but if you’re after some info it’s best to call rather than emailing, or ask via his Facebook page.

Kimbers – I was £95 for a full service, seals etc, which is the same price as a standard Fox air shock.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

IIRC I was 200 quid for a service and Avalanche damper installation and set up.

neenan1
    Free Member

Really glad I stumbled on this thread. Was thinking of a DB inline on my Process but after the advice on here decided not too.
    Now going down the route of a Monarch Plus with Avalanche tune.
    on a side note can anyone explain how the rebound dial and lever are re-worked? I’ve read the description and tech notes but can’t get my head around it.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

As far as I can tell (though I don’t own one) the rebound assembly isn’t changed a great deal other than that the HSR is re-shimmed to your weight/terrain/frame and then the LSR adjuster is now more effective, although the mechanism doesn’t change.
    The main difference seems to be that they rip the LSC needle adjuster out and substitute it for a preloaded poppet valve and then repurpose the three position adjuster to control the preload on the valve. Again they then custom tune the shim stack like the rebound to suit your weight/terrain/frame. The 3-pos adjuster then dictates the transition to the shim stack.

The custom valving on it’s own would probably make a decent difference and I imagine the compression assembly change makes it even better. Certainly everyone seems happy with his work.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘avalanchesuspension.co.uk’ is closed to new replies.