Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 253 total)
  • Best names for a real human person you've ever encountered
  • HughStew

Phani Tikala. He has a big bushy moustache.

Cougar

Seem to recall reading this in the news.

Most places cite The Guardian as the source (including the Guardian itself) but I can’t find the original article. The story is from 1995, so potentially predates their website?

https://www.theguardian.com/money/1999/nov/05/workandcareers1

?After being charged £20 for a £10 overdraft, 30 year old Michael Howard of Leeds changed his name by deed poll to ‘Yorkshire Bank Plc are Fascist Bastards’. The bank has now asked him to close his account, and Mr Bastards has asked them to repay the 69p balance by cheque, made out in his new name.

Apparently he worked in Marketing, and it’s suggested that it’s not the first time he’s done it.

Cougar

To this day my mother-in-law swears she was at school with a Dwayne Pipe.

My gran claimed to have gone to school with a Theresa Green. She’s wasn’t the sort of person who’d make up a tale like that.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Ivor Woodcock

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I saw his chequebook so I know his name really was Mushroom Pratley.

MoreCashThanDash

To this day my mother-in-law swears she was at school with a Dwayne Pipe.

There is a plumbing business near us called Dwayne Pipe…

Cougar

Ivor Woodcock

I know a lad called Woodcock. Referred to somewhat unkindly by his ex as “Knob of Butter.”

scud
    Free Member

Had to resurrect this thread having listened to last weeks “In Our Time” on Radio 4.

I give you the Christ College, Cambridge’s Director of Studies in Philosophy, Dr Frisbee Sheffield!

https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/college-life/dr-frisbee-sheffield

neilthewheel

There’s an Ed Turner at Durham police.

markrh
    Free Member

Albert Hall. Laughed in his face when introduced to him thinking it was a joke, paid a heavy price as he became my manager eventually…

PJM1974
    Free Member

I used to client company called “BJ Services”…

…their “Pressure Pumping Division” to be exact.

I was very, very disappointed when I met with their (perfectly nice) business relationship manager.

globalti
    Free Member

I know a Zimbabwean called Innocent Dick.

My gran claimed to have gone to school with a Theresa Green. She’s wasn’t the sort of person who’d make up a tale like that.

Er…. my cycling buddy Dr Green is married to Teresa. At school she swore she could never marry anybody called Green and look what happened!

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

On the credits to Alien vs Predator there’s a Thomas W*nker.

I can’t remember what he did on the film, maybe it’s in the extras..

perchypanther
    Free Member

On the credits to Alien vs Predator there’s a Thomas W*nker.

I can’t remember what he did on the film, maybe it’s in the extras..

Best Boy Grip?

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Oh and there’s a Mrs Fanny Box buried in a graveyard near here. I did take a photo of the gravestone.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Boom Operator?

Nico
    Free Member

The presenter of the food programme on Radio 4 – Dan Saladino.

mt
    Free Member

Once knew an Alec Dick, he was a great guy.

edit, I see I’m not alone on this one.

growinglad
    Free Member

Albert Hall. Laughed in his face when introduced to him thinking it was a joke, paid a heavy price as he became my manager eventually…

He wasn’t a sparks was he?

My Dad had a guy working for him (this is quite a few years back) with the same name.

stavromuller
    Free Member

We had a teacher called Peter Green but because his head lent permanently to the right he was known as “Piza”. My first wife worked with a woman called Nesta Clutterbuck and I once worked in Perth, Scotland opposite a hairdresser’s called Hugh Farqhar.

Cougar

Lass at work posted a Facebook photo of her on holiday with her boyfriend, “on the beach with Sandy Farquar.” I thought, I’m not surprised in that bikini.

markrh
    Free Member

growinglad, no, he was in the gas industry.

convert

I taught a lad near the beginning of my career called Fletcher Bumstead. Always thought with a surname like Bumstead you’d choose something more anodyne as a first name for your son. TBH at that age he was a bit of a pillock but I’ve just googled the name and his facebook profile came up as the first link.

He looks about the most STW lad there has ever been…only cooler.
    Fletcher Bumstead

Chuffed to see what the annoying little sod turned into!

rickon
    Free Member

I work with a really nice guy called Kingkong

He’s actually awesome.

scc999

Our company has a US employee called John W*nker.

He was often on conference calls involving our team. For about 3 weeks running, during the small talk before we got down to business one of his US colleages that knew him well would enquire after his two kids. With the immortal phrase: “Hey john, how are the little W*nkers?” He stopped after a couple of people in the London office didn’t manage to hit the mute button quickly enough to hide the laughter.

Si

white101

My last company had a head office member of staff named Bucky Banjo.
    Met somebody through work recently called Ahed Nijar if you say it quickly…

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Struck Valentine ( not his given name, he changed it by legal thingy)
    Gandalf, didn’t know his surname
    Met an East European on site once who gave his name as Majic

WTF
    Free Member

Allen Key

Sold tools/engineering supplies etc…

martymac

I used to work with a hans christian anderson
    And roy rogers.
    Roy was a forklift driver, so we painted ‘trigger’ along the side of it.

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator
    I once knew a guy with an exclamation mark in his name (he was South African I think, or something similar). It was pronounced like a click at the back of your tongue.

He’ll be Xhosa, then, they have eighteen click consonants, produced in three different parts of the mouth.
    I can barely get by speaking English correctly!

rs89
    Free Member

Some of these are brilliant! 😀
    I have only ever come across a couple of note:
    Randy Bishop
    Paige Turner
    And several James Bonds

Andy-R

A former headmaster of King Williams’s college on the Isle of Man – George Shaw-Twilley. At least it wasn’t Ivor…..

And a certain William Tickle (Willy to his friends) was charged with gross indecency after being seen urinating against a wheelie bin in Laxey. All the excitement happens here……

petec
    Free Member

I used to work at a solicitors. One of the trainees was called Friday. Friday February Eleven Biddle

Guess when she was born.

Sidney
    Free Member

I wonder if the previously mentioned Helmut Schmelling is related to the Helmut Puller I know?

Teacher at school was called Mrs Gaye. Imagine our amusement when we learnt her first name was Fanny!

Finally, heard of an old US colleague called Richard W****r. Told all who met him to call him Dick!

Cougar

Much chortling here, that’s brilliant.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You should have named it Dave after Rodney

petec
    Free Member

On visiting a churchyard in deepest darkest Norfolk once, I found this grave.

Poor sod.

Stedlocks
    Free Member

Some corners here!
    My languages teacher was mr hunt…we used to obviously call him Mike behind his back…..then we found out that his name really was Mike!
    Local greengrocer shop was ‘Kings’ ..their son was Wayne

Place names too? Just down the road from me there is a little place called ‘Minges’…..

‘Where do you come from?’

‘Minges’

Yes, I know, but where do you come from?’

Arf

nickhit3
    Free Member

Had a language teacher at school who taught me Spanish called Mrs Tease. She was precisely the opposite of what the name and fantasy alludes to sadly. Geography’s Mrs Tits though… oof. *swanny whistle

loddrik
    Free Member

My dad had a couple of mates in Toronto. They were brothers. No fnaar involved just ridiculous IMO. I think they are of Hungarian descent.

Tibor and Zoltan Bankuti.

My wife’s sisters baby is called Apostollos Apostollopodous. No really!!! I can’t say it without bursting into hysterics. If it wasn’t my sister in laws kid I just wouldn’t believe that someone would be called it.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘Best names for a real human person you've ever encountered’ is closed to new replies.