Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Austria/South Germany bikeparks/trails
  • flyingfox
    Free Member

We are currently in Switzerland and thinking of going to west Austria because it’s cheaper (!) and we’ve loved Kitzbuehel and Kaprun before.

Anyone know of any great deals for guiding/hotels etc.? I’ve had a quick look and there seems to be a lot of options around Innsbruck. Kaprun would be easy however as we got a pass for a lot of the attractions for free and we know at least some of the routes.

Thanks very much in advance!

Smiker
    Free Member

Look into over the edge biking in Kaprun – they have a great selection of routes to guide you on.

Smiker

GuyFox40
    Free Member

If your heading to Kitzbuhel then i would suggest getting in touch with Rob at Mountain Edge. His shop is just next to the swimming pool. He will guide/point you in the direction of some excellent singletrack in the area and i think he can get a decent deal on accomodation as well

flyingfox
    Free Member

Cool, thanks guys. I’ll have a look at Over The Edge (been with them in 2007) but had heard that they were no longer in existence.

Innsbruck is also looking more and more appealing.

rickmeister

Were off to Livigno, is that too far away.. ?

superfli
    Free Member

flyingfox, I have a 2 night stay in a Hotel near Innsbruck going free if you would like it? I won it through a competition that Rosebikes were running, but flight costs mean its pretty pointless to me. Shame for it to go to waste though. Includes breakfast and it offers mtb routes of the area, which is Brenner pass (South of Innsbruck).
    The details are at work, so drop me an email if interested and I’ll give you the info.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Im Totally going to be shot down for asking this question but here goes.

Some of my wife family are from Austria so were going in september to Bad Ishl near salzburg.

Were hiring a car so will be able to travel, I’ve noticed the the bike parks in leogang and Wagrain and might go there. I doubt the wife will like them, as she’s not very confident on proper downhill and these look very downhill orientated.

I’ve been before and hired bikes in bad ishcl but I did find too much interesting mtbing. Although we did plenty of cycling

Basically I want to go somewhere like Swinley or Cannock where I can enjoy the riding by going fast and my wife can enjoy the riding by going slow ! These are my my wifes too favourite mtb spots.

Am I barking up the wrong tree asking for this in Austria.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Austria/South Germany bikeparks/trails’ is closed to new replies.