• This topic has 47 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by isto.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Austrian ski resorts
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

I didn’t think food, coffees etc in St Anton were too expensive – either in town or out on the maountain. The beers at “those” piste side restaurants were eye wateringly expensive though, not as bad as stopping for a Coffee in St Christoph though.

hugo
    Free Member

St Anton was perfectly reasonable, it was my Jaegermeister consumption in KK that hit the pocket hard!

Well worth it though. Great bar.

shifter
    Free Member

Place next door to KK was doing a bottle of Jager for €100 earlier this year. Think we did four one evening, before dinner. Interesting ride down afterwards.

Preferred Solden myself. The piste home with the bars on it is great.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Variety is the spice of life, alternate the KK with Moosewirt 😀 Take care though someone was killed skiing back from the KK when he hit a building in the dark.

justatheory
    Free Member

Kitzbuhl is a lovely town with good skiing and is good value.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Variety is the spice of life, alternate the KK with Moosewirt Take care though someone was killed skiing back from the KK when he hit a building in the dark.

True, a guy I knew at Uni. Awful story.

St A has great skiing but too many bottlenecks IMO. Lech better but more cruising as ^

I tend to prefer resorts with extensive, well linked skiing but had an amazing long weekend in Alpbach, skiing 95% off piste in untracked snow. Would have been trashed much quicker in bigger resorts. Plus amazing value v-a-v bigger resorts

hugo
    Free Member

The Moosewirts on the table party techno at 4pm required getting up to speed fast!

Tragedy about the chap who died.

We fell a bit on the way down, but barely got above 5mph… No more dangerous than any other up slope bar if you stick to the piste.

isto
    Free Member

Ended up booking Passo Tonale in Italy as we decided we hadn’t been to Italy boarding yet and have heard good things. Thanks all for your help and info will come in useful next time I am going to Austria.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Austrian ski resorts’ is closed to new replies.