Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Audi Owners…
  • DM52
    Free Member

as it has been joked about that everyone on here owns an Audi and an Orange 5 I thought I would ask if you use anything to line the boot of said Audi to prevent the five from marking up the cream leather and nice boot carpet or are your fives well trained?

I am looking at something like this http://www.rhinouk.co.uk/index_files/Page365.htm

Bunnyhop

Don’t be daft lad – the Audi is only used as a runaround.
    They use the campervan for the weekend hobbies.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I use a special bicycle boot bag

marcus7
    Free Member

Try the roofbox company, i’d get a liner with a lip and a bag as well, the liner will stop liquids from getting to the carpet (muddy water etc) and the bag will protect the rest.

mos

I’ve got one in my disco, definately worth the money if like me you are a messy bstard that never cleans his car & spills disesel & oil over the interior.

DM52
    Free Member

technically in this particular case the Orange 5 is shaped like a Spaniel, I like the idea of adding a lip to the liner to prevent the bumper from scratching up.

dannybgoode

Given the content of the thread on moderately expensive cars and the affording there of I hope its not a fairly new and expensive Audi otherwise you may be visited by folk with pitchforks and burning torches…

Cheers

Danny B

DM52
    Free Member

what boot liner to stop pitch forks and burning torches buggering up then inside of a nearly new Audi? 😛

elliptic
    Free Member

I just use a tarp.

That said, my Audi’s even older (2002 model) than the Five (2005) which goes into it and it certainly doesn’t have cream leather upholstery. Cars are for chucking stuff in and going places with it.

I do also have a titanium On-One, a woodburner and an espresso pot 🙂

takisawa2

That rhinouk website is errm…classy. 🙂

I’ve had one of THESE for a few years. Its spot on for carting muddy bikes around, & it hoses off.
    And they just happen to be on sale again tomorrow.
    For a wopping £6. 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17885

I use this, I don’t have an Audi but do have a car from the VAG collection of brands 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I used to use a tarp. Can’t be arsed now. It’s just a car. (A car with a ..a… no.. don’t say it… a .. scratched BUMPER! ARGH!)

ps. not an Audi. Dunno why I read the thread really.

hora
    Free Member

OP you don’t own a T5 for weekend use?

DM52
    Free Member

I feel like I am totally out of my depth here.

I think I also need some sort of car stacking system to rotate the Audi, campervan and weekend use T5 around.

I had only budgeted up to £100 or so, I have clearly underestimated things.

greeble
    Free Member

@forge197
    isn’t this the same thing?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/dmp-membrane-black-1000ga-3-x-4m/50464

not to worry I leave the s line parked up on weekends and take the t5 sportline

jimw
    Free Member

+1 for tarp. Mine is a 6’x8′ £2.99 one from poundstretchers. Lasted four years, just shake out when done. Use an old fleece blanket to stop scratches on boot lid and to cover bike when in car
    Use nonslip mat from Halfords on top when dog in the back. She seems happy enough

forge197
    Free Member

Greeble looks similar 🙂

superdale
    Free Member

If you want something that lasts then buy some rubber horse matting & just cut it to the shape of your boot mats. Simples but effective.

andyl
    Free Member

to protect your painted bumper lip get sole PU tape aka heli/frame tape.

Rscott
    Free Member

I thought the Five had to be spotless and mounted on the top of said audi?

scousebri
    Free Member

I use the wifes Audi sometimes for a quick trip to Haldon, it to has nice cream leather and it even had nice carpet. Can’t think of a time i thought ” i need to put a liner in this boot “as i chucked the muddy bike in the back. When using my car i use a carrier on the back.

garage-dweller

Is the reason you ride orange fives because a steel hardtail would stick to your magnetic front bumpers thus preventing efficient loading into the boot?

Fwiw tarp here but in a mondeo of middling age.

Gary_C

Try hatchbag not the cheapest, but a damn good product.

Drac

I use an old bed sheet.

davetrave
    Free Member

The RhinoUK website may not be particularly shiny, but the liner I’ve got from them is great – plenty of options, including a bumper-protecting lip…

But then again I don’t drive an Audi or ride a Five so what do I know…

tonyg2003

Hi. I’ve got a hatchbag. They are very good. Sadly I have to admit that I have a Merc and Five. So missed out on the correct stereotype 🙁

DM52
    Free Member

I like the look of the hatchbag, looks to fit the bill perfectly. Thanks!

fivespot
    Free Member

What tyres for Audi’s on Llandegla car park 😕

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Audi Owners…’ is closed to new replies.