Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 and Anquet maps
  • tuffty
    Free Member

Never had a problem with my gpsmap 60, but now I have an edge 800 I can’t transfer routes from my pc to my gps. Contacted Anquet and they suggested saving the files as gpx rather than adf but that still won’t work. When I connect to the pc I can see the files are on the gps but it just won’t open them. Any ideas???

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Are you putting them in the right place?

its all on here, cause i can’t explain it
    Dummies Guide to the Garmin Edge 800

stufive
    Free Member

You have to copy gpx tcx files etc into the new files folder on the edge 800 and not the courses folder as you might expect it then finds them and puts them into the courses folder..i know its mental

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tuffty
    Free Member

Stufive. Brilliant it works but wtf should it go in there lol. The old one was a lot more user friendly 🙂

stufive
    Free Member

😀

tuffty
    Free Member

Steve Austin, I will check out that guide later, got to be easier to understand than the garmin one 😉

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Stu explained what i know but couldn’t explain 😀

I have to say, that Garmin have done very little to explain how their product works. It does work very well, but it would be nice to know how it works without guessing everytime you press a button.

tuffty
    Free Member

My old 60csx was a lot easier to use……….progress??

tuffty
    Free Member

And data from gps to anquet maps?? The gps unit saves my ride as a ‘fit’ file. Now I can’t get it onto my pc, transfers to strava with no problems. Awaiting an answer from dummies guide, but I thought I would try on here too as peeps on here know everything 😀

CraigW
    Free Member

You could use Garmin Basecamp to download tracks from the Edge, then export as a GPX file. Then open that in Anquet.
    Or use GPSBabel to convert from FIT to GPX.

tuffty
    Free Member

Thanks Craig, will try basecamp, couldn’t find fit files on gps babel.

tuffty
    Free Member

Double post oops

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 and Anquet maps’ is closed to new replies.