Viewing 12 posts - 361 through 372 (of 372 total)
  • Attention Motorcyclists…
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I base my judgement on what you have said in this thread.Apart from your sensible comments about overtaking you have in several posts openly boasted about breaking the speed limit and are dismissive of everyone who questions this.

So as I said, you know jack shit abou my riding.

Speed limits:
    There is nobody here that drives that’s never broken one. I’m not boasting. Just stating fact. You will, of course, interpret everything I type as you see fit to fit your argument, as always happens on STW.

If you like, I’ll start boasting and telly you exactly what my riding is like.

cheez0
    Free Member

According to my old man; round, black and hard enough to outlast the bike…

A bit like bikes when a kid, who ever thought you’d need to change a chain?

A bit like that seat, you’d need several new arses before that seat went!

RustySpanner

What tyres for a Norton hardtail?

Avon Speedmaster, sidecar compound of course. 😯

Almost as bad as the Barums that came on MZ’s 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

From various discussions on here I would think PP will be smooth safe and fastish

nick1962
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

From various discussions on here I would think PP will be smooth safe and fastish

Only if he keeps getting those reminders in his kidneys 😉
    Just off to fill in my application form to join the Police now.

Woody
    Free Member

Nice little vid from Mick Doohan
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VruWHHEnZGw[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=36082
    😯
    I bet he thought he was a good rider too.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

That doohan vid is great, kind of sums it all up.

nick1962
    Free Member

+1 for the Doohan vid.

I bet he thought he was a good rider too.

And I bet the driver thought he was a good driver too!

donsimon
    Free Member

And I bet the driver thought he was a good driver too!

Who knows?

dabble
    Free Member

Not defending either in that video, both divvys.
    It makes no odds whos the better driver/ rider, just who comes off worse, n my money is on the car winning, every time.
    car= crumple zones, big metal box surrounding driver/ passengers
    bike= you are the crumple zone
    there is no excuse for poor driving by anyone on the road, if your on the road you need to look out for everyone and anyone, no matter how they choose to get around. Does it really matter if your slowed down by 10 seconds so that you can get round a blind corner safely?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just thought I’d have another look at this thread…. 🙂

I bet he thought he was a good rider

I’m gonna pass judgement on that vid. Personally, I wouldn’t even have been in that position. Why? Because I wouldn’t have made the previous overtake on the red car, which was badly timed as another car was coming the other way.
    As for the overtake itself, well, you could see the car coming the other way miles off for a start, but he’s committed to a risky overtake too early so struggled to avoid it. That, to me, is the classic case of what I said earlier – i.e. I will overtake at some point, weather it’s now or in a mile or two. It wasn’t a clear overtake and it was badly executed. I’d have slowed up behind to the same speed of the car and had a look. I’d have seen that car and just swing back in

Viewing 12 posts - 361 through 372 (of 372 total)

The topic ‘Attention Motorcyclists…’ is closed to new replies.