Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Attempted Break-in Penarth Area
  • mattg73
    Free Member

Attempted break in of my garage last night. Worrying thing is that it was the first time I have been on bike for about 6 weeks and suspect I was followed home.

Luckily they didn’t get in however they did make a mess of the door in the process.

wwaswas

Hate to say it but I’d behave as if they were coming back and take appropriate measures.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Could be someone passing just saw you with bike entering or leaving. I’m always wary of passing traffic and people walking by especially being on a busy road. Or just pure coincidence. Do report it to the police if you haven’t already, even though they may seem uninterested. It does go onto reports and helps those more interested keep an eye on patterns. You’ll likely get a nice leaflet from Victim Support too 😀

And yeah, expect them to try again. At least don’t keep the bike in there from now on or at least until you beef the security up. If it’s properly expensive and they realise this they’ll go to a lot of effort though and a garage is a nice safe workplace for them once they got past the door.

white101

I lost 2 bikes to garage break in on saturday and the police mentioned that they are getting lots of suspected stalkings of bikers.

They said my mistake was to work hard, buy a bike, buy a bike rack for the car and signpost the fact I have bikes, wash and clean my bike on the drive after a good ride and then lock them away in my garage afterwards.

They touched nothing else in my garage, power tools all over the place, cops reckon one man alone otherwise they would have taken my daughters bike aswell.

Waiting for the insurance to fleece me now, not sures who’s worse.

EDIT: I’m in the Gateshead up north not Penarth

mattg73
    Free Member

Thanks. That’s crap white101 that you have had yours pinched. Have reported it. Usually I don’t hang about with bike outside house and am conscious of even keeping the garage door open for longer than I need to. They have probably done me a favour in the long run.

rickon
    Free Member

Did you just come back from Cwmcarn by any chance? I’ve had three bikes nicked in the last year in Cardiff, sure I was followed home.

Ieuanmotorbike
    Free Member

I had three bikes nicked in penarth this year it’s alway remote garages that they target.

Alarmed up now but not very confident in the police sorry to say.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

As I was putting my bike away in my shed this afternoon a young lad (18 ish) who works for a local window cleaning business came round the back to clean the neighbour’s windows. He never said a word but he was certainly taking an intrest in my Santa cruz. Pretty hacked off about it tbh, I normally take great care when getting it out/ putting it away. ( oh err )Not that I’m saying he will do anything, it’s just that I’ve let my guard down and if it gets nicked I’ll be kicking myself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Attempted Break-in Penarth Area’ is closed to new replies.