Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Attaching a bottle battery to a frame without cage bosses
  • Random
    Free Member

Any suggestions?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cable ties would be the best bet i suppose?

druidh
    Free Member

velcro straps

project
    Free Member

Seat mounted bottle cage,if the cable is long enough.

bassspine
    Free Member

A couple of big O-rings?

terrahawk
    Free Member

gaffer tape. Loads of.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Lumicycle have a battery bag with velcro straps which you could probably buy off their website. The straps wrap around the frame tubes. Obviously you would need to check if the battery will fit in the bag and whether your cables will stretch from where ever you can attach the battery. The other considerastion is that velcro straps will cause scratch marks to painted/laqueured/polished frames

druidh
    Free Member

Eve Libertine – Member

The other considerastion is that velcro straps will cause scratch marks to painted/laqueured/polished frames

So will mud, dirt and rocks.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Several REAL solutions available, here's a couple:

Strap On Bosses

Saddle Rail Mounted

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

So will mud, dirt and rocks.

Yes, I often go out for a 2 hour ride with mud, dirt and rocks wrapped tightly around my frame 🙄 . I have a velcro strap battery system and the first thing I did after a few rides experience was to protect the frame from the straps, it was making an utter mess of the frame very quickly. I'm making a valid point and giving advice, from experience, to the OP, what is your point?.

Random
    Free Member

Thanks.
    "Strap on Bosses" look good. It's only for a commuter bike so mud / dirt shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

i agree about velcro damaging frame finish, i just cut up a bit of old innertube and it works a treat to prevent movement and damage.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Attaching a bottle battery to a frame without cage bosses’ is closed to new replies.