Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • At last a proper season!!
  • doctornickriviera
    Free Member

At last after what seems like 5 years of constant and monotonous wet and mild weather the UK is at last experiencing a season and I think it's great! Cold and frosty snow falling clear blue winter days – i wish we had this weather every winter. It's also amusing to watch to see how we brits cope with a slightly unusual weather event. Cold weather and ice in winter???!!! we're all going to die!

djglover
    Free Member

of fuel poverty?

grahamh
    Free Member

Wait till 'Global Warming' kicks in and the Gulf Stream shuts off.

GrahamS

Watching the new "Ice Road Truckers" on Five.

That's proper sketchy driving! They don't grit the road, they ADD two inches of ice to it!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Yes but they are not numpty UK drivers who still expect to tear along the motorway at 90 despite 6 inches of snow!!

Alphabet

Are they paid by the weight/size of the load or by the number of trips?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Enjoying it so far. Ideally it will be followed by a very long dry summer eh?

carbon337
    Free Member

Hopefully this cold spell will kill off alot of Midges, Slugs, Caterpillars, Ticks etc. The warm wet winters have helped them in the last few years.

waynekerr
    Free Member

I don't think the NE of Scotland has had any more snow than normal, it has only lasted over a longer period & being getting topped up, my garden is not any deeper than it has ever been.
    In recent years I've had deeper snow in my garden, but has only been lying for about 2 days before it started to thaw, so yes it does seen more like a season.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

"Enjoying it so far. Ideally it will be followed by a very long dry summer eh?"

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves Mr Lightyear!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘At last a proper season!!’ is closed to new replies.