Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ashbourne dweller??
  • chrispuppet

Hi there

I have recenty moved to Ashboourne in Derbyshire. I have done a lot of trails in the peaks but wondered if anyone could recommend some local stuff either on here or over a nice pint?

cheers all

iain1775
    Free Member

Osmaston park over a52 bridleways towards belper, just look at map and pick out a route
    Some decent riding around Alton which isn’t too far away or head out on Tissington trail and branch off to return on bridleways
    Pretty sure someone else aske same question on here about 8 months ago so may e do a forum search

grotto
    Free Member

what type of riding do you do xc ( distance )or bombing through trail centers? im to am moving back soon .

chrispuppet

prefer proper xc natural trails, though I vist the odd trail centre. Just want some local trails for day to day riding as heading to the Dark peak is a bit of an effort some days! Obviously post ride beers are important too…..

Crell
    Free Member

You’ve got a quite few options in the area, plus there’s a group ride that goes off on Tuesday nights @6.30 from the Leisure Centre
    There are also regular rides from Matlock and there’s DVATC

You can use the Tissington trail / high peak to link up the bridleways. There’s some reasonable bridleways if you fill in the gaps from Ashbourne out to Wirksworth and up to Bakewell though there’s inevitably going to be some road as well.

Take the trail to Tissington, head to Bradbourne, then Kniveton, madge hill (but not over the top), Atlow, Corley, back over the madge, kniveton, bradbourne (no need to repeat any bridleway) and back on the trail. Loads of variations to extend this.

chrispuppet

cheers Crell

Have to check out the Tuesday night ride too.

stupot
    Free Member

I have recently moved from Ashbourne, never found too much straight from my door. Suggestions above are all good, but I mainly used to ride over in the derwent vally, Belper upto Matlock, there’s loads.

Ride with DVATC every tuesday night website is: http://www.dvatc.co.uk

bikebouy
    Free Member

I used to live there too!!

I used to head East over to Carsington then Matlock Bath and stick to the woods/valleys over that way then head back linking bridleways..
    Open moorland and solid woodland..
    Quite stunning.

(slightly sad I’m not there actually)

chrispuppet

Great thanks,

I have dug out the maps this afternoon ready for some route planning….

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Is my failing memory failing me but are DVATC ‘a bit keen’ (ie. race whippets)? No probs if so, just wondering.

Lots of very pleasant woodland & BWs between Belper and Matlock

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ashbourne dweller??’ is closed to new replies.