Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Asgard Annexe shed &/or end-to-end length of a big DH bike?
  • nedrapier

Hi there,

I’m limbering up to buying a m/c trials bike, but I need somewhere to store it.

My maths (and a little guessing) says a Beta Rev 3 will fit in one of these sheds with the front wheel turned.

Quite a slug to spend on a guess though, however well-educated. And quite a lot of metal to shift if I’m wrong!

I reckon dimensions of a dh bike might not be too far off a trials bike, and I’ve read of a guy storing 2 of them in an Annexe shed.

A Rev 3 end-to-end is 199cms, 85cm bars.

Available diagonal of the shed (taking off the corners for tyre diameter) is 195cm

It’s going to be fine, isn’t it? Now I’ve written it down. It’ll lose 4cms by turning the bars, and the end of the bars will go into the corner of the shed.

Stop me from revising trigonometry…

vinnyeh

Possibly a bit off beam here but two points….
    if you turn the bars then the frame won’t run truly along the diagonal of the shed- cos the wheel will butt up against the side of the shed so you won’t be able to use the full length of the diagonal.
    Secondly, unless you remove the bars they’ll be inline with and extend beyond the frame head tube, probably making the bike longer than with the wheel straight (II’m assuming that 199 is the length wheel to wheel, not with the bars turned)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Asgard Annexe shed &/or end-to-end length of a big DH bike?’ is closed to new replies.