Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Asda online order charged twice
  • sirromj

My elderly parents made an online groceries order with Asda which didn’t arrive (day 0). Dad rang them the next day (day 1) and was told the van broke down, and the order would arrive the day after (day 2). He was given a time and it arrived and all seemed good.

However when his credit card statement arrived, he saw that two payments had been taken by Asda, one on day 0 the other on day 2.

He has rang Asda (I think the local branch) who gave him a call center number which according to him is in India and neither he nor the call center staff can understand each other. The call center don’t seem to grasp that he only made one order, that Asda is mistaken to think he made two orders, and they made two deliveries.

So he’s getting incredibily frustrated going round in circles getting nowhere.

Anyone have any advice on how to get this resolved?

jam-bo

Talk to the bank.

project
    Free Member

keep ringing local store or the store that fulfilled the order, ASDA be a good idea.

every LIDL helps, say TESCO

and go on Twitter and raise your greivance

jonahtonto
    Free Member

write about the problem on ASDA’s facebook or twitter. big companies like this hate -ve social media attention and tend to resolve things quick

sirromj

Yeah think my sister is going down the twitter avenue for him. She had tried ringing and was also told to ring the call center. The bank advised him to try getting Asda to sort it out but to go back to them if no luck.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Phone the store that delivered the order and get put through to the home shopping dept. speak to a team leader or manager.

The call centre is in South Africa and is useless.

Ex asda driver

crankboy
    Free Member

The call Center was in south Africa and was useless I spent a week phoning them chasing a complaint every day they promised a call back every day they never rang back or did anything they even tried to tell me emails can only be sent during office hours and it is impossible to copy me into emails as the system does not work like that .

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Section Leader NOT team leader

thecaptain
    Free Member

+1 twitter. I got a quick response for something much less serious (misleading packaging, more funny than anything, but I got a voucher for more than the item cost, that reminds me I haven’t actually used it yet). Talk to the bank if twitter doesn’t work. Don’t waste your or his time on call centres.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

They don’t use emails. Customer phones South Africa, South Africa phone store responsible for delivery and home shopping manager / section leaders try to make sense of what they’re being told. If they can’t they say sod it and the complaint doesn’t get resolved!!

nealglover
    Free Member

Not much help with your current problem, but stick with OCADO / Morrisons next time.

Proper UK customer service if there are any issues, but because it’s a dedicated home delivery service rather than store based/picked, there are hardly ever any problems anyway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Asda online order charged twice’ is closed to new replies.