Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Trick or treat
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My wife has taken the kids out, I am at home manning the door. Means I can safely eat a few every time kids come round.

Also, where the hell have all these kids been living all year? I thought I knew the neighbour kids but these people either stay indoors all the time or have travelled far and wide in search of free sweets.

thegreatape
    Free Member

My biggest one has taken the littlest one out, the middle one doesn’t want to go out so is manning the door in his TMNT outfit, and I am doing regular checks to ensure the gingerbread men I made today aren’t going stale.

CountZero

Also, where the hell have all these kids been living all year? I thought I knew the neighbour kids but these people either stay indoors all the time or have travelled far and wide in search of free sweets.

There’s your answer, right there. My dad has seen some random woman in a big 4×4 pull up outside before now and dump a whole bunch of kids. There are no significant numbers of small kids anywhere near me, so any that do turn up clearly aren’t local.
    So they can sod off.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

I do feel sorry for everyone who has to stand there while my five year old tries to tell them a knock knock joke for his turn. It has more restarts than Gareth Gates trying to read the script for Groundhog Day.

chip
    Free Member

I bought a shed load of haribo and have not had one small person knock on the door to claim their free tangfastics.

molgrips
    Free Member

One little kid knocked and said “FANK YOU!” then his parents tried to explain to him yet again how it’s meant to go. He left with “hello FANK YOU”

nickjb
    Free Member

No visitors yet. One of the benefits of living a bit out the way. Sweets about 1/4 gone.

molgrips
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m sitting in a cracking pub in deepest Hampshire having supper and there’s a brood of about 20 sitting in the bar whilst the parents drink beer.

Good call that having a pub en route.

Drac

Get more every year. Only me in the eldest is out with her friends and the youngest is out with the Mrs and a group.

I’m watching Ghostbusters but I reckon by 7.30 the pub may be calling.

molgrips
    Free Member

Superman is on channel 5

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m hiding in my house with all the lights ignoring the door. Humbug. 👿

Drac

Superman is on channel 5

III which is a very odd Superman.

Humbug.

It’s not even Christmas.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just realised it’s III, thought the scene with the fire and the frozen lake was in I

squirrelking
    Free Member

Keep hearing fireworks, either the kids or someone who doesn’t want disturbed…

bigyim
    Free Member

I’ve disconnected the doorbell and turned the TV up.
    We need an equivalent to bah humbug for Halloween

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

My wife has taken the kids out, I am at home manning the door. Means I can safely eat a few every time kids come round.

This is me/my estate. Swarms of kids, high on sugar….I feel scared….

molgrips
    Free Member

My kids are stuffing their faces with some grapes we bought earlier. Weirdos.

CountZero

Should have found an “Achtung Minen” with skull and crossbones motif and printed off to stick on the front gate.

jimdubleyou

Not had any. Not seen any either…

DezB
    Free Member

Is it early yet? I had loads come round last year… so far today – 1 child. With crappy cat whiskers. Massive bowl of sweets to get rid of and she took one sweet.

tang
    Free Member

I’m in my grandparents house a few doors up from Jonathan Ross. It’s total bedlam! I reckon there’s about 1000 kids on the roads. Grid lock, police etc. He’s got a great cabaret show, candy floss machine, hot chicks on stilts etc. We ran out of sweets in about 5 mins. I’ve turned the outside light off and disabled the door bell.

Drac

That’s it I’m off to the pub.

crazy-legs

All the kids round here have obviously confused Halloween with Bonfire Night. More explosions than World War II out there but no-one has come knocking for sweets!

DezB
    Free Member

Silence.

scaredypants

we’ve only had a few, all local

one group of 6 lasses, all in matching outfits, only took one sweet each (til I told them to get stuck in) and then left us with a thankyou note !

awwww

crankboy
    Free Member

Weird here only one local kid so far . crankbrat was all dressed up as a policeman gruffalo so desperate to answer the door he was secretly knocking on furniture then running to open the door.

ourmaninthenorth

Our village is too small for trick or treaters – the few kids in the village, if they’re allowed out, will be in the larger neighbouring village.

I wasn’t permitted to trick or treat as a child in the 80s – apparently the American kids from the nearby USAF base were about to wreak the apocalypse at any moment. Turns out Mrs North considers it akin to begging.

So we’re all dressed up and watching the TV.

This is weird.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Considering giving high caffeine shok bloks as treats………

Am I a bad man?

Edric64
    Free Member

Don’t agree with it ,never did it or allowed my kids to ,an American fad which is basically demanding money with menaces .Remember mum chasing a kid in the village down the road who turned her bin over when she didn`t give in to his demands

sadexpunk

I’m hiding blatantly watching tv in my house with all the lights on ignoring the door. Humbug.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well the Mrs and Nephews are in full swing in deepest Harrogate, if you are there I feel sorry for you all. Apparently the kids are now carrying shopping bags full of sweeties…

😀

MoreCashThanDash

I disagree with it but have no say in the matter.

I’ve been out with the kids and some of their friends. MrsMC was at home feeling poorly and handing out sweets – either that or she locked the door and ate them herself.

Usual number of kids this year I think, gone through a tub of Celebrations.

For the first time ever I have witnessed kids being chauffeured around by car (actually a faux by four). Pathetic.

Neighbours and I still fondly remember the year a group of older girls (hopefully MUCH older girls) came round much later than the usual youngsters, dressed as slightly spooky St Trinians girls. “Trick or treat?” never sounded right wrong!

GrahamS

Love it. Have had a good number of kids this year, probably around 40-50. Got several “That was best house yet” comments, which always makes me smile. 😀

I’m all for it. I was just saying to the missus that it is a proper traditional community event and investing a few quid to make kids happy is money well spent.

Our kids stayed in. They like hosting and they know there are usually plenty of sweets left over anyway.

aracer
    Free Member

Have a horrible feeling we had the same here – an unfamiliar people carrier pulled into our bit of road, lingered for enough time for kids to go round houses, then a couple of kids got in before it drove off. We’re in a little village a few miles form anywhere else and all the locals walk round. Very unimpressed.

Very pleased with the response to my installation this year. Quite a few “oh my god”s and lots of kids jumping when the skull “floating” in mid air where it’s not all that obvious switched on the LEDs in its eyes and started laughing loudly as they approached (it switches on with a PIR sensor). I think I might have won “scariest” as I didn’t see that response anywhere else 🙂

I’d reckon well over 100 kids going round here, maybe 200 – it’s become quite a big thing.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Weve just been raided, a tenners worth of sweets in about an 30 mins. Its great to see the kids turn out and good on you GrahamS, that’s the spirit. 🙂

Drac

Waaaa! Waaaa! I don’t agree with kids being kids and enjoying themselves.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Bloody typical, been decorating all day and trick or treat slipped my mind. Remembered about 5 o clock, nipped down Tescos for a pile of sweets etc, even though I was knackered, and not one of the little gits have shown up. Well, let me tell you lot, I know where you live, and if you don’t get here quick smart, I’m coming to yours 😈

Klunk
    Free Member

we put this up, not had a single caller 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I feel sick now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Trick or treat’ is closed to new replies.