Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • arrggge….why my tires so hard to remove!!!!!!
  • ollie151
    Free Member

i have fitted/removed some tight tires before, but these are literally a 2 man job.

can anyone tell me why??
    tires – Kenda small block eight
    rims – no tubes ZTR crest rim

i’m not running them as tubeless. i can think of 2 things. either the tires are just mega tight and i should get some different ones, or the rim is designed to fit a noTubes tire and for some reason they don’t fit well with the kenda.

its a massive pain to fix punctures, so i need to figure this out. it will either be new tires or new wheels.

help!
    cheers

genghispod
    Free Member

I have SB8’s; no problem fitting or removing/refitting. Try putting new tyres on a road bike, then your problem will seem insignificant.

coatesy
    Free Member

Technique can make a big difference, break both beads all the way round, push the bead into the well of the rim opposite the valve, and work it into the well both ways towards the valve, this will create most available slack at the valve, where you should start removal.

ollie151
    Free Member

getting them off is ok, its putting them back on… cheers for advice so far

coatesy
    Free Member

Ok, get one bead on, start the second opposite the valve, as deep into the well as possible, work it into the well in both directions towards the valve, if it gets tight, go back to opposite the valve and repeat. Virtually never had to use a tyre lever for this.

chojin
    Free Member

As with most Stans rims, the trick is to get the bead in the recess (in the middle of the rim). Then they’ll go on a treat.
    There are probably thousands of threads relating to the same problem.

globalti
    Free Member

How many times do I have to post this on here?

TALC is the best dry lubricant ever for sticky new rubber. Spread it all over the beads and be amazed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

once they come off bin them or flog them to somebody else. Some combo’s don’t work.

kiwiem
    Free Member

Go tubeless then you won’t have to fix the punctures and the problem will magic itself away 😉

imnotamused
    Free Member

As per coatsey and chojin, that is the answer and once you realise it’s the right way to change a tyre it will change your life!

trusty

Washing up liquid helps as well, tubeless or not

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘arrggge….why my tires so hard to remove!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.