Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Arran 14th november – anyone fancy it?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I know stuartie_c is arranging meet that weekend, but my window is too small to head all the way up to Ballater and be back in time for daddy duties on the sunday.

I'm planning on heading over on the 9.45 ferry from ardrossan, heading over to Lamlash to the aldersyde bunkhouse to drop off overnight bag, then have a days good riding around Lamlash/Whiting bay/Brodick.

Dinner, a few choice refreshments and a kip at the said bunkhouse, and then a bit of riding the following morning (I'd personally need to be back at the ferry for the 13.50 sailing, though there are 2 more after that).

Sound good?

If it's decent weather, this is one of the most picturesque areas to ride in in the country, if it's pish weather, still a great ride and a night in Lamlash, which has a couple of right nice wee pubs, and one of the best views from any place I know.

Tenner for the ferry return (train from Galsgow central to ardrossan harbour ties in with ferry sailings), Tenner for the bunkhouse and beer and food money.

Anyone requiring any more info, drop me an email – GregBowie AT Gmail DOT com.

lutherone
    Free Member

would love to join you, however am in london so no chance.
    however have spent quite a bit of time on Arran as a friends family have a house in corrie. we usually play golf and drink beer/whiskey. have only taken the bike once and grabbed a quick blast on the east of the island.
    can you recommend specific routes or trails around lamlash and would i be able to find them next time am up?
    aren't there now a few routes online for the island?
    cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What's your email addy and I'll send you a map or two.

lutherone
    Free Member

luther@canegreen.com

cheers

allyharp

I might be up for that, just as a day trip on the Saturday.
    Have had a dodgy back lately so might need to wait and make a decision during the week just before it.

I know of the blue/red/black routes on the Arran cycle club website – are your plans different?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ive got a wee cheeky map one of the guys from the Arran bike club gave me which shows the new stuff, on the black.

allyharp

Sounds interesting, any chance of emailing it to me? email in profile

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Allyharp, what's your email?, your profile goes straight to flickr.

mrmojo
    Free Member

I could be up for that. I live in Gourock so may drive down and leave the car and just do the one day .. getting over football injury so my fitness as good as good as could be.

fisha
    Free Member

I'll be working … so behave boys … 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Luther, I've sent it to you again.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Nobeer, could do with a map too if you would be so good to send me one?

pete AT oil chemists DOT o r g

allyharp

Here's mine:

allyharp [at] yahoo.co.uk

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Arran 14th november – anyone fancy it?’ is closed to new replies.