• This topic has 61 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • ARGH! CAR DAMAGE
  • Harry_the_Spider

SOME #### HAS JUST BUMPED MY ####ING CAR. IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS IT HAS BEEN KEYED, HAD A MIRROR SMASHED AND NOW THE FRONT WING IS ####ING RUINED. I’LL ####ING KILL THE NEXT ####ER WHO ####ING TOUCHES IT.

brant
    Free Member

Bet you miss your Fiat really 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

AT LEAST I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE DAMAGE TO THE FIAT.

Drac

On top of that your caps lock is stuck.

aP
    Free Member

Calm down its only a car.

It is annoying but its really not worth getting so wound up about it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

London?

Harry_the_Spider

Manchester. I’m guessing it happened last night in Tesco’s car park and i’ve only just noticed it.

I’ve got an interview for a promotion any time now… and i’ll i want to do at the moment is beat someone to death with a hole puncher. Time for a walk round the carpark and perhaps kick a couple of traffic cones.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hand on a minute, in the last three motnhs theres been threads about…….

keys on handlebars

ripping wing mirrors off

any money theres one with a “i kicked his wing in” coming soon.

hora
    Free Member

Which Tescos (so I can avoid it!).
    any money theres one with a “i kicked his wing in” coming soon.

Kicking his doors in?

Harry_the_Spider

Kicking his doors in?

For a million quid?

aP
    Free Member

That’s where you’re going wrong – just say no to Dame Shirley Porter’s Grocery Company.

conkerman
    Free Member

Nice work Harry 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Our nice almost new car has had scratches, dings and all sorts inflicted upon it by careless and unknown individuals in the two years we have had it. None of them big enough to make an insurance claim.. so it’s gradually getting the crap beaten out of it 🙁

BigDummy
    Free Member

Presumably the more battered it looks the less likely someone is to nick it and the less you care when it gets further damage?

That’s how it works with bikes anyway, I assume it’s the same with cars.

😉

hora
    Free Member

As a rule of thumb, if you leave scratches or a small dent on the side of your car other motorists wont be as kind when climbing in and out of their thus accelerating the problem, kind of a vicious cycle. As soon as you get a scratch on your car- get it fixed. Seriously, people think you dont care about your car/its apperance and react accordingly.

AndyP
    Free Member

it’s only a car

Drac

Was it Ton, were you blocking a bridleway?

hora
    Free Member

it’s only a car

If its a leasecar its avery expensive outlay at the end of the lease period.
    If you own the car its also your property that someone else is damaging.

AndyP
    Free Member

If its a leasecar its avery expensive outlay at the end of the lease period.
    If you own the car its also your property that someone else is damaging.

it’s only a car

Drac

If it’s a lease car then get it fixed that’s all I did when someone put a dent in our car door, it needed a new skin cost me bog all.

hora
    Free Member

New skin/door respray might cost sub£250 (under someones level of excess) but why should you pay money out for someone idiot?! Hey my car is scratched- I dont care as my sort of car looks better scraggy but I do possess the understanding that some cars need to look nice/some STW’ers are proud of their posessions.

Drac

but why should you pay money out for someone idiot?!

As sadly the person who did it didn’t own up, the car has to go back in reasonable condition so I got it fixed the car was 3 weeks old they didn’t charge me the excess.

hora
    Free Member

I still giggle when I think of the time I lent into someones rear 3/4 panel with my knee and dented it severely after they had left a deep crescent-shaped mark on my door with their paint still lodged in. Seemed apt.

Marge
    Free Member

my leasecar is to be replaced tomorrow…
    There is a huge cratch (gouge) out of the right rear wing where my lady failed to notice our big white house whilst reversing.
    I am just hoping it is accepted as a freebie due to vandalism (we claim hit & run car park incident).

BigDummy
    Free Member

hora strikes again….

😉

wwaswas

“its also your property that someone else is damaging”

and

“I lent into someones rear 3/4 panel with my knee and dented it severely”

even you, hora, has to see some sort of contradiction in these two statements?

hora
    Free Member

wwaswas, the person obviously heard their car door slam into mine considering the depth/level of damage in the middle of my door. I did entertain the thought of waiting for them but as it was a huge shopping centre on a Sunday morning I could have been waiting there for a few hours. The least they could have done was leave a note on my windscreen but then again certain people in our society seem to think there isnt a consequence for their actions. They could also have just driven off and parked somewhere else. The car in question had no doorstrip to protect so took the full brunt. Yet again, they left their own paint embedded in mine and it didnt take Einstein to look at the arc and correspond the missing paint from the corner of their door either.

wwaswas

so it’s wrong to accidentally damage someone elses car and not leave a note but perfectly acceptable to thwack it with your knee deliberatly and do a runner?

hora
    Free Member

so it’s wrong to accidentally damage someone elses car and not leave a note
    Its accidental if you compensate or attempt to compensate the owner of the damaged property. It becomes malicious if you shrug, walk off and do nothing.

stumpy01

wwaswas, I’d say so if someone has OBVIOUSLY twatted your car and not left a note or anything. Why not give them some damage in return?

The alternative I suppose is to leave a note with your contact details saying you have taken photo’s, have their reg no and will be contacting the police if you don’t hear from them regarding the damage they have caused.

Some people treasure their possessions less than others and see banging doors into car bodywork as no big deal. I hate it when I find small parking dints in my car, even a bit of paint rub with not dent gets me peed off.

My car has got long doors with few ‘stop’ points, but I never let my door touch a neighbouring car, even if it means contorting myself to get out, or moving to another spot.

wwaswas

you’re missign the fundamental point – you seem to think that it’s ok for you to damage someone elses property (for whatever reason) but wrong for them to do it to yours.

If you felt that strongly about it you could have given their vehicle details to your insurers/obtained cctv/contacted the police and dealt with it legally. Instead you decided an eye for an eye was appropriate. Which is fine if you feel happy with that but does rather undermine the rest of your statements about the sanctity of property.

hora
    Free Member

wwaswas. You dont think I considered all this? I parked at the furthest point away from the doors. completely empty for at least 100m’s around me. All the cars at that point were crowded/clustered around the entrance (**** lazy mouthbreathers). I assumed if I ran in and out car would be ok. Came out- the fecker had parked next to me- NOT near all the doors like the rest. My car must have been a magnet? Couldnt get my head around the logic on that. I did look for CCTV – none in sight. Contacted the police/insurer? Are you mad?
    ‘oh hello, is that the Police? I’d like to report someone opening their door on mine please…yes yes, whats that? Me a timewaster? Why I never’.
    Contact insurance? Have you ever contacted your insurers over damage? The last time I did (someone drove into the back of me), my insurers asked me to pay my excess upfront and I would get it back if the claim was found in my favour.
    I was up for waiting but considering it was just after opening time on Sunday I didnt expect them to be in and out in a hurry like I was. So you’d still call the Police or (no CCTV) call your insurance company and take lots of pics?!

wwaswas

hora, frankly, the reason you inflicted criminal damage on someones car is of no interest to me.

What does interest me is the fact you were prepared to do this whilst simultaneously holding such strong views on the sanctity of your own posessions.

anyway, I’m clearly not making the point sufficiently well to engage you in debate so I’ll leave it now I think.

hora
    Free Member

wwaswas. My property is very important to me and I can understand that this is the case for other people as well. Strange concept huh? But havent you heard of an eye for an eye? If you were in my situation you would have waited, phoned your insurer and the Police? What would you have gained? Or would you shrugged yourself and put it down to just being a car then driven off? This might help you understand, not everyone thinks the sameway as you. Strange concept for some STW’ers on here.

wwaswas

“This might help you understand, not everyone thinks the sameway as you.”

Not at all but I’ve always made the assumption that everyone thinks which was clearly erroneous.

Drac

I agree wwaswas taken out malicious damage to someone else’s is just as bad as not owning up of not worse as you intended to do it revenge or not. I learned along time ago to ignore Hora as not matter he says he’s guaranteed to contradict his self although this time it was particularly impressive.

hora
    Free Member

Bangs head against desk

Drac

Bangs head against desk

Did the person next to you get a coffee ring stain on your desk?

Rich
    Free Member

If there’s not a lot of room I will get out with my fingers between my car door and the next car, also when the kids are climbing out. There’s just no excuse to bash someone’s car, that has generally cost them thousands of pounds.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘ARGH! CAR DAMAGE’ is closed to new replies.