• This topic has 61 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • ARGH! CAR DAMAGE
  • hora
    Free Member

Comes back to cyclists hitting cars for near misses/perceived attacks. A huge no-no. To attack someones car can be a very serious event and escalate badly. People on here either troll or assume everyone doesnt care about their car- to such a degree that they’d let any £damage go? Madness. I can understand if this viewpoint is based on their own experience if owning ‘sheds’/bangers but not if they have paid/paying out a great deal to own a good vehicle.

IdleJon

The roads would be a much safer, much less aggressive place for everybody if all drivers accepted that their cars are likely to sustain a certain amount of damage from being used. It has always puzzled me that people are so precious about their cars – they are only tools for getting from a to b, surely, no matter how expensive?

shoefiti
    Free Member

The other day i was in a shopping centre car park in the wifes car, just as i opened the door a gust of wind caught it (wierd as it wasn’t very windy) and it caught the neighbours car door, leaving a dent, i hate it when this happands to me, and i know a panel beater, so went to leave a note, found a pen, but no paper, so popped in to the bank in the centre to pick up a paying in slip to leave a note on, but the car had gone in the 5 minutes it took to get there and back. No note on my car, and luckily no dent either, just as well i didn’t get back and find some idiot giving my car a shoeing for what was only an unfortunate event!!!

Harry_the_Spider

Back to my OP.

The bloke next door has the same damage on his car too. It would appear to be the work of scroats.

hora
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – samething happened to an old car of mine and two other neighbours. do you to the angle/blind bend of our road we had to park two wheels on the kerb (just the kerbstone) with a wide pavement still. Still plenty of room (normal) to get passed. Anyway further down our nice estate is a typical Manchester estate (its like this all over Manchester) anyway scrotes always turn down our road on their way to theres. One morning theres some lovely keying down all three cars. Neighbour told me it could only be a regular daily passing of two young scrotes, their pram and three kids. What can you do though? How can you prove it?
    If I owned a Audi S3*, washed and polished it twice a month why should I have to accept that other road users and pedestrians have a right to be clumsy, not watch where they are going and after just wander off quickly whistling? If you reversed into someones car in a carpark you’d feel obliged to pay wouldnt you? What kind of thinking is that you say ‘ah, the bloke should accept that cars will get damaged by people like me’?
    Madness. Anyway, thats enough from me.

*I almost bought a S3 from my bro in law but decided against it due to worry about its paint etc 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hora – parkig on the pavement is illegal and thus by your own logic the car deserved to be keyed

hora
    Free Member

TJ, how?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

According to you an eye for an eye is reasonable. someone parks illegally on the kerb blocking the pavement and forcing inconvenience on pedestrians. an eye for an eye / your logic as above in damaging a car in retribution means that by your logic keying an illegally parked car is reasonable.

hora
    Free Member

Kerbstone, wide pavement. Isnt inconveniencing anyone. Unfortunately you confront such people means your car cant defend itself when your not around though. Chav-thinking must have been ‘c’ants with nice cars ‘look at ’em lets r’an our keys along em ‘huh’…thus they also think like you TJ. Agreed?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hora – above you said it was perfectly acceptable for you to damage a car in revenge. When it happens the other way round it suddenly becomes unacceptable.

Not agreed. Cars on the pavement are illegal and very annoying. By your logic above keying them is perfectly reasonable – I don’t agree – but I am just pointing out the massive hypocrisy in your posts

hora
    Free Member

How has the car damaged anyone? Its not even in their way or impeding their access. Can you not visualise? the cars were lined up ready like a canvass ready to key.
    Surely if you are looking to marry two situations they have to have matching circumstances. Do you understand this?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I do Hora – you obviously don’t. follow your own logic as espoused above and keying the cars is seen as fair.

I am sorry you cannot see your own hypocrisy

hora
    Free Member

TJ, do you actually own a car?

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Reminds me of how I do not run decent cars,Why go out for the day then come back to your car to find it damaged for it to spoil your day out.Was actually considering buying a brand new car when this actually happened (someone rubbed my bumper scraping white paint into a dark bumper).next time I washed the car I polished the bumper as best as I could (did not look too bad)But if it was brand new I would have had to get it fixed (probably through insurance) at a decent cost to me.

hora
    Free Member

TJ, do you actually own a car?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hora – you know I don’t – but that has no relevance to the hypocrisy that you show in that for you to damage a car is acceptable and for others to damage yours is not.

hora
    Free Member

No I didnt, unless Im bloody good at Stalking! Just trying to figure out your logic and approach to driver/car-ownership.

Drac

I’m still lost with Hora is he saying it’s ok to damage someone’s car or not?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Drac – its OK for him to damage someone elses car but not OK for someone else to damage his.

hora
    Free Member

I’m still lost with Hora is he saying it’s ok to damage someone’s car or not?

Didnt you read my original post?
    Simply attacking someones property because it takes your fancy makes it wrong.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I do not own a car, and do not give a monkeys, big-style, about any of this. BUT, it seems to me that if you have something worth, say, £10,000, and you leave it lying around unattended all over the place outside, the chances of something mildly bad happening to it occasionally are quite high. So it makes a lot of sense not to be too precious about it when something does.

And Hora, I’m not arguing with you, but you’re making almost precisely no sense at all on this one. 😉

Drac

Didnt you read my original post?
    Simply attacking someones property because it takes your fancy makes it wrong.

Yes but then you posted how dented somone’s car with your knee because you suspected they may have dented yours.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘ARGH! CAR DAMAGE’ is closed to new replies.