Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • arggggggg bloody front ring…
  • juan
    Free Member

Ok here is the story. For a reason I can’t quite spot, shifting to my middle (and bigger in my case) ring has stop working. Chain doesn’t wan’t to come up it rubs quite well but don’t “hook” on the ring. Ring being quite old I though “well ring is buggered lets change it”. While we’re at this I might as well change the chain. So I am now with a new ring, a new chain and a front mech set that was working perfectly before it suddenly stop to work…
    Any pointers? The only thing I can see is my crank not being very tight, but there is no play in it and I don’t want to put too much load on the HTIIBB.
    So any help appreciated

colournoise

Switch to 1×9.

slainte 😛 rob

sunnrider
    Free Member

If your limit screws are set up properly then maybe its just cable stretch, try tightening it with the barrel adjuster on the shifter.
    Loose crank sounds like an accident waiting to happen btw.

trailmonkey

start from scratch. undo the cable from the mech, reset the tension adjuster on the shifter, and just treat it like you’re fitting a new mech.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Cable stretch sounds a good suspect, or could be the front mech has moved slightly clockwise/anticlockwise and is no longer parallel to the rings….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘arggggggg bloody front ring…’ is closed to new replies.