Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Are you a tosser?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pancake day bump….

duckman

sweet chilli sauce and a slice of bacon/ham, roll and eat.

Have you had a pregnancy test recently?

lyons
    Free Member

Mmm, pancakes with mango, rasberrIes, etc are the nest. I used to make them loads with my ex in the morning…

Coyote
    Free Member

Had ours for lunch. And they were scrumdiddlyumptious!!!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

i love pancakes…gotta convert my missus now.doing a hot smoked salmon mornay filling and a cheese and mushroom filling to swing it…then onto the syrup/lemon main event! cant wait…ill cycle home for less guilt 😉

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Kaiserschmarrn – best pancake recipe imho.

Kaiserschmarrn

Yummy

theotherjonv

back to this – what's your batter recipe?

For me it's an unwavering 125g plain flour (sometimes plain / wholemeal mix for a savoury variant)
    1 egg
    300ml milk

but on the radio this am James Martin, who's apparently a 2/3* pastry chef quoted 2 eggs, 100ml milk and 2oz plain flour. Which has probably about the same liquid to flour mix but is a darn sight eggier.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member
    back to this – what's your batter recipe?

I tend to consult the Book of Delia, Chapter the Puddings;

For the pancake mixture:
    110g/4oz plain flour, sifted
    pinch of salt
    2 eggs
    200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water
    50g/2oz butter
    To serve:
    caster sugar
    lemon juice
    lemon wedges

Method

Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl with a sieve held high above the bowl so the flour gets a airing. Now make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it. Then begin whisking the eggs – any sort of whisk or even a fork will do – incorporating any bits of flour from around the edge of the bowl as you do so.

Next gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture, still whisking (don't worry about any lumps as they will eventually disappear as you whisk). When all the liquid has been added, use a rubber spatula to scrape any elusive bits of flour from around the edge into the centre, then whisk once more until the batter is smooth, with the consistency of thin cream. Now melt the 50g/2oz of butter in a pan. Spoon 2 tbsp of it into the batter and whisk it in, then pour the rest into a bowl and use it to lubricate the pan, using a wodge of kitchen paper to smear it round before you make each pancake.

crispy
    Free Member

Feasted on thick fluffy pancakes with maple syrup, bacon and banana this morning, and a scattering of fresh blueberries.

A feast, I tell, ye…

oldgit
    Free Member

Nearly pancake 'o' clock. I'm not training tonight with the club so I can cake out instead.
    The level of pooftarism is outstanding, it's lemon and proper white sugar and your mum makes them. You sit there with an empty plate, knife and fork in hand waiting for the goods to slide onto your plate from a hot pan.

glenp
    Free Member

Eggier is better. Use one egg per two people. Add same volume of milk as you have volume of eggs and beat. Then introduce flour gradually until you can't get any more flour mixed in with a whisk – quite gluey. Add pinch salt and optional spice. Then double the volume by adding more milk. No weighing, just egg counting.

I don't bother with adding melted butter, that gets in there in the pan anyway. Resting batter also not essential.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Nomnomnom.
    😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nutella
    Strawberry cheesecake ice cream
    Maple and lemon juice
    Sugar and lemon juice

Good lord I feel sick. 🙁

RichPenny
    Free Member

I made the Delia one. But looked at the first ingredient and thought hmm, 110g flour ain't much. Double up then 🙂 Feeling slightly sick now, and still enough batter left for a few more tomorrow 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Time for a post-pancake lie down…am stuffed!

gruffalosoldier
    Free Member

Managed two or three with Nutella and Peanut Butter for my supper…..well maybe three or four……alright then five……ok, ok, a half dozen at the most!! 🙄

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Are you a tosser?’ is closed to new replies.