• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Are the Athertons missing a bike?
  • jimthesaint

Not that I'm one to pass aspersions but this does look a bit suspicious.
    Commencal in the classifieds
    The poster has just joined STW and has never posted before, and the Fox shock has prototype written on it.
    I hope that it's nothing suspect but it looks a bit suspicious to me.

Diane
    Free Member

Perhaps it's an Atherton?!

jam-bo

they regularly sell off team bikes at the end of the season.

crispybacon
    Free Member

the chap has also got this on Bikeradar which would make him pretty silly trying to sell a 'hot bike' on popular MTB forums.

nickc

I'd imagine an Atherton bike would be covered in XTR rather than XT…no?

julianwilson
    Free Member

someone else on here has sold a couple of ex-atherton bikes too. I had heard they sell their old bikes on, and there are three of them so potentially three times as many 'works' buikes as you would imagine.

If it was me I would ring the seller (has provided mobile number) and see if they talked like they knew what they were selling. And pick it up from their house if at all possible.

radoggair
    Free Member

road cassette with a triple chainset, …… interesting i suppose

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The combination of no evidence and the fact hes new arround here is enough in my eyes to warrent some pitchfork action. I bet he fiddles with little kiddies too.

On the other hand, maybe, just maybe, hes bought it off the Athertons? He's from Oswestry after all, and there's at least one other STW'er with an ex Atherton Commencal (a meta-6 I think).

nuke

Such a shame that it's got to a point where new users trying to sell bikes on a bike forum are presumed to be dodgy. I mean, before starting this thread, perhaps you could have asked them a few questions so you've got more to go on?

radoggair
    Free Member

i think we should hang him 😆

schmiken

I use a road cassette with a triple on all my XC bikes!

joe1983
    Free Member

Such a shame that it's got to a point where new users trying to sell bikes on a bike forum are presumed to be dodgy. I mean, before starting this thread, perhaps you could have asked them a few questions so you've got more to go on?

Totally agree, but if someone bought it in good faith and it turned out to be dodgy the buyer would be hanged. People just like controversy I think no matter in which direction it is pointed.

hugh_b
    Free Member

Couldn't comment on how genuine the add is, however as far as i know the Athertons have someone else who sell their bikes for them who lives near by. A friend purchased a 4x frame earlier in the year.

There are quite a few ex team bikes floating about! I think it would be well advertised if an Atherton bike was stolen though.

They do run xt components as well as xtr and saint etc.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Tegi98 is a solid trustworthy guy – I sells lots on SDH (southerndownhill forum) and everyone is happy with dealing with him.
    I bought few bits from him myself and it was always very smooth deal.
    He also sells on ebay, probably under the same name – Tegi98

Buy with confidence!

Smee
    Free Member

Radoggair – seems like a perfect candidate for wound sex.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Are the Athertons missing a bike?’ is closed to new replies.