Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Are seatbelts uncool with the nations 'yoof'?
  • neninja
    Free Member

Yesterday in the car I was waiting at a level crossing. The car in front had 4 young people (they looked late teens), 2 lads in the front and 2 girls in the back.

A police car pulled up in the queue on the other side of the crossing. All 4 youths quickly pulled on seatbelts – they were all already clipped in but they’d hooked them behind themselves or their seats and pulled them round.

As soon as the crossing opened and they’d passed the police car they all took them off again (including the driver whilst driving). His driving was the typical showing off erratic lads driving with a massive lack of ability.

Why on earth would you go to the trouble of hooking your seltbelt behind the seat and not just use it, especially when being driven by a ****?

Sadly at some point they are likely to become statistics but I guess it shows Darwinian principles in effect.

iDave
    Free Member

clipping it in stops the car beeping at you

rootes1

who cares..

let nature take its course. There is enough information available these days for people to make an informed decision – up to them as to what to do with it

bigyinn
    Free Member

I thought it was the law, not a choice?

molgrips
    Free Member

There is enough information available these days for people to make an informed decision – up to them as to what to do with it

I don’t subscribe to this.

Some people need protecting from themselves.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I don’t understand it, can’t remember ever finding my seatbelt uncomfortable.Also nobody is getting in the back of my car without belting up.

Keva
    Free Member

I thought it was the law, not a choice?

everybody has a choice.

Kev

nickjb
    Free Member

Maybe risk compensation will kick in and they’ll drive a bit more safely so be less of risk to other road users.

binners

Whats the problem?

If their attitude to seat-belts, with the aid of some trees and lamp-posts ‘n stuff, helps keep the numbers of big-bore exhausted, baseball cap wearing, Saxo driving nob-jockeys down, its more than fine by me.

Why are you complaining? I’d have have encouraged them to drive faster. Preferably into a tree

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I have no problems with them culling themselves.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What we need is…..

1350psi steam and ethylene pipleines running allong the sides of the roads instead of crash barriers, seems to get everyone on site driving slowly :p

waveydavey
    Free Member

Coz we’re ard innit

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Cos the belts crease the (insert name of whatever cool brands yoof wear nowadays).

molgrips
    Free Member

How many people on here acknowledge they were stupid in their youth? If you were happy for young stupid people to die that’d eliminate a few forum members…

wombat

Why are you complaining? I’d have have encouraged them to drive faster. Preferably into a tree

What’s the tree done to deserve this sort of treatment? 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I didn’t read the OP as a “complaint”.

There certainly are a lot of dickheads on the road that think the law doesn’t apply to them. I guess this is just another example.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What’s the tree done to deserve this sort of treatment?

Back in the day before it went politicaly correct FHM did a story about that. All to do with that guy from T-rex dying hitting a tree, so they dressed a guy up as a tree and drove a vauxhall cavalier at him!

Xylene
    Free Member

So they can run quickly from the police without having to unclip themselves.

corroded
    Free Member

Some people need protecting from themselves.

By that rationale, shouldn’t it be compulsory to wear cycling helmets, as it is in Australia (for that very reason)?

binners

Oh God! That’s torn it! TJ to the thread please. Repeat: TJ to the thread purleeez

😀

RealMan
    Free Member

If you’re in the back not wearing a seatbelt, can’t you kill the person in front in a crash, regardless of if they wear a seatbelt or not?

I’ve always worn a seatbelt. Pretty stupid ****ing way to go otherwise. Would just be embarrassing.

molgrips
    Free Member

By that rationale, shouldn’t it be compulsory to wear cycling helmets

I’m saying nowt on that subject 🙂

Although, I would imagine that not wearing a seatbelt is far more dangerous than not wearing a bike helmet.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Give them an option wear your seatbelt or have a compulsory 12 inch long steel spike mounted in the center of your steering wheel.
    Lets see if the standard of driving would improve.

2hottie
    Free Member

Bagstard +1. Belt up or get out is the policy when i’m driving. It isn’t just the “yoof” of today loads of people appear to drive without seatbelts on. It must be something to do with it being compulsory/law that makes them rebel. asswipes. The problem I have with it is the unnecessary costs and burdens that are placed on the emergency services when they have a crash. It really doesn’t have to be high speed either for those in the back to cause injury to those in the front. Friend was “kneed” in the back (he was in the front passenger seat)and now has chronic and debilitating back pain to the point he had to leave his job! (he went to Uni and got himself a Quantity Surveying degree instead)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    Cos the belts crease the (insert name of whatever cool brands yoof wear nowadays).

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Sergio Tachinni isn’t it? I’m hip to the groove daddio!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Are seatbelts uncool with the nations 'yoof'?’ is closed to new replies.