Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Are my forks to long for the frame?? how to tell?
  • renton
    Free Member

I have a frame that is suitable for forks upto 140mm travel.

Ive fitted a set of 150mm travel foxs to it and it just doesnt feel right in that its hard to turn (seems to need more effort)

will 10mm make that much difference or not really??

cheers

steve

sambob
    Free Member

Try a shorter stem?

renton
    Free Member

would that help??

RealMan
    Free Member

More likely you’re just noticing the fact that you’ve got what could be a heavier set of forks on. A shorter stem could help.

sofaking
    Free Member

fork length matters too not just the amount of travel

renton
    Free Member

forks came off my enduro frame so im used to them !! gone from a full susser to a hardtail and it feels plain weird !!

renton
    Free Member

the frame ive built up comes fully built with a pair of fox float 140mm as normal.

mine are fox float 150mm

nick1962
    Free Member

For the sake of scientific argument and peace of mind check the optimum axle to crown length for your frame then adjust the sag on your 150mm forks accordingly to match.If it was me I’d just ride it and get used to it…warranty /safety issues allowing.It’s probably not the fork travel at all that you are currently noticing just the difference from your usual bike.

uplink
    Free Member

Are my forks to long for the frame?? how to tell?

When you pick yourself up from a big, inexplicable fall to find the forks and headtube further down the trail than the rest of the frame 😀

tazzymtb

Pop a 10mm spacer in the fork drop the travel to 140 and see if that fixes the problem. Easy to do and fox travel spacers are cheap as chips

gonzy
    Free Member

i’d agree with the shorter stem, maybe a 40mm. also if you have enough steerer tube sticking out at the top try lowering the stem to the lowest point. also check that you havent over tightened your headset.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Are my forks to long for the frame?? how to tell?’ is closed to new replies.