Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Are Kona Past it?
  • BillOddie

Nowt wrong with Kona, snobby people stopped liking them when you could buy one in halfords basically.

However they do seem to be crap VFM at full price.

However The Stinky is still the Budget Freeride bike of choice in canada it seems.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Do they still make the Explosif?

No, they stopped doing it this year.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Anyone seen the video on STW from the Kona press launch, pointing out what’s new on the new seasons Dawg’s? Not a lot to be frank. And you know what, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Who wants to buy a bike that has a complete overhaul every season. Kona seem to make bikes that “just work” without being too fancy…

…at least until the “ladies’ bike” dropped top tube and Magic link of recent years!

cynic-al
    Free Member

They introduced a whole new look with straight forks and sloping top tubes.

Some love their steel bikes of the 90’s – I doubt they were peerless though.

Their more recent stuff looks badly designed and cosmetically hideous

kimbers

not as past it as trek were till they got some funky new graphics going on!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

got an 06 Caldera in very nice shade of gold allways wanted one when they first come out back in the day can still remember the Cinder cone with splatter paint job wanted one so bad, didn’t pay full price for mine and have upgraded parts over the 3 years ive had it and its now just about where i want it(just ordered a set of Reba’s for it)i like the way it rides and for me being a bit on the large side it’s bombproof.

theflatboy
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

not as past it as trek were till they got some funky new graphics going on!

they were always going to struggle to maintain the standards set by the URT-tastic Y-Bikes 😀

noteeth
    Free Member

No, they stopped doing it this year.

Ah, shame. 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Are Kona Past it?’ is closed to new replies.