Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Are Hudl's (2) still the goto cheap tablet?
  • z1ppy

as per the title, or is it worth spending more on the newer Nexus? (or anything else??)

moose
    Free Member

We bought Hudl’s for the kids, didn’t last long. Broken cables, charging slots and very buggy. We got our money back after having two pairs of replacements and bought Kindle Fire HDs, no issues at all.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Try a nook HD .very impressive screen and very customisable.

lizzz
    Free Member

I was considering the hudl but was put off by the charging issues that seem to plague them… ended up with an ASUS memo 8 for roughly the same price and its been perfect so far.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

We’ve had out Hudl2 for a few weeks now and can’t complain. Kids have mostly been using it with no problems so far.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Unless you can get one silly cheap with club card points, then I’d lean towards the nexus 7 (£131), Asus Memo 7 or 8 (£100), Lenovo do one as well which is £100 mark and considered pretty good.

martinhutch

No charging problems for my lad – basic, but fine, he’s had it for a year. Better than the (old) nexus 7 it replaced.

simondbarnes

Very happy with mine, had it a few months now, no issues. Also helped that I only paid £29 after vouchers.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

we too got one for about £15 with vouchers, and it’s better in every respect than the ipad mini we have except for the battery, which is a bit pants really, needs a daily charge if you’re using it for 5 or so hours a day (which is fairly easy to do with the kids)

all in all; highly recommended

xherbivorex
    Free Member

manufacturer refurbed 2013 16GB nexus 7 with a full 1 year guarantee (same as brand new) for 99 bells on ebay would be what i’d get. and am getting, in fact…

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve been heavily abusing a hudl2 (a step on from the hudl 1) since they came out some time Last year. Not a sniff of bad behaviour. It’s used for a couple of hours every single day.

duckman

My Hudl had been ace and better in every way than the nexus it replaced.

phiiiiil

I’ve had a hudl2 since Christmas; my wife replaced her dodgy nexus 7 with one too. They’ve been faultless; I’d not hesitate to recommend them.

The only down side I’ve found is that because it’s an Intel tablet rather than ARM some banking apps don’t work, like Lloyd’s.

molgrips
    Free Member

Haven’t the charging plug issues been solved now?

allthepies
    Free Member

They’re great IMO. Typing this reply on a refurb Hudl2 I bought a few months back for 70 quid or so.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Charging issues have been fixed by the recent update
    Specifically our 2 devices wouldn’t charge without a reset , they both now charge without a reset

cp

Hudl2 here and it’s great!

Neb

I bought a cube (not the bike brand!) talk 9x for £130 from amazon. 8 core cpu, 2gb memory, retina screen. Metal surround and back so it feels solid in your hand. I was expecting to have to put new software on it, but the original o/s has been grand.

Worth a look.

singlespeedstu

Mrsstu’s Hudl2 has been faultless since christmas.

JohnnyPanic

There was this but I think the cash back offer has expired now. I bought the hudl2 2 months ago and had no problems. Huge step up from my v1 nexus7.

geoffj

Junior 2 got a hudl2 from Santa. It’s been very good apart from erratic charging and not the best battery life.

z1ppy

cheers ppl, looks like the Hudl2 is the one to go for, thanks

gears_suck
    Free Member

I’ve got one and I Like it, a lot.

househusband

We’ve had Hudl2’s for several months and never had a problem.

However I did buy an Asus MemoPad ME572C (their top of the range 7″ tablet, I believe) a month or so ago; came across a few good reviews and my gamble on buying from Prague paid off:

https://www.alzashop.com/asus-memo-pad-7-me572c-16-gigabytes-wifi-black-d2217507.htm

Mine was £96 at the time; John Lewis sell them for £150. Battery life is several times that of a (properly working) Hudl2 and it is so much faster – and so much lighter, too.

ads678

Bought my lad a Hudl 2 for christmas, the screen packed up the other week (he had dropped it though!!), but Tesco sorted it out, picked it up and redelivered in a week or so, can’t complain really.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Bought mine with Tesco vouchers, doubled them up and I think I owed a tenner.
    Brillant bit of kit for the money, the update has improved them a bit, mine is no longer loosing its time.
    Perfect cheap travel companion, my only problem with it is the battery life is very poor and screen gets dirty easily.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Are Hudl's (2) still the goto cheap tablet?’ is closed to new replies.