Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Apple magic trackpad 2
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Need a new trackpad and was waiting to see if they’d bring out a force touch one… but blimey, 90 quid!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just checked and a magic mouse is now £65, maybe the track pad isn’t so pricey after all 😯

mrblobby
    Free Member

80 quid for the “magic” keyboard too!

timwillows
    Free Member

The magic of christmas at Apple

zilog6128

Apparently both are big improvements. I’ve never used the Magic Trackpad but might take a punt on one as it’s supposed to be good (especially with force touch).

The thing about decent kit is, once you’ve claimed the VAT back, stuck it through the books and spread the cost over 5 years it’s not really a big deal. Even if it just saves a few minutes a day or makes using a computer slightly less stressful the cumulative effect soon adds up!

Obviously if you’re just surfing STW all day it’s slightly harder to justify (but not impossible 🙂 )

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well I’ve had the original trackpad for a while now and use it pretty much all the time in preference to the Magic Mouse. It is very good. Though the clicking does get stuck on a bit now so time to replace. Does seem a lot to pay for a glorified mouse but I do now have one in the post!

jimdubleyou

Ooo shiny. Didn’t realise there was a new one.

Keyboard still doesn’t have a number pad – 🙁

innit_gareth
    Free Member

I bought one with a new imac. Prefer the magic mouse though.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Depends what you’re using them for though.
    I use the pad all the time.
    Except for when I’m using Excel or need to cut/paste. Mouse still is better for that.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Been using it now all morning and must admit it’s rather nice. Bit bigger than the old one which is a good thing.

speed12
    Free Member

Although for £90 it probably isn’t worth it, the whole force touch thing is pretty cool. Being able to do ‘extra’ actions by hard pressing (e.g. previewing a file, or renaming it) is quite handy.

There are also a lot of apps now which provide haptic feedback using it, especially in the media creation area. Being able to adjust a pan knob in logic and feel where the centre detent is, or feeling where the snap point is in Premiere are both things that at first are quite cool and then genuinely useful.

And if nothing else – the look of confusion on peoples faces when they have been clicking away on it and then you turn the computer off and ask them to click the touchpad and it doesn’t move at all…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Apple magic trackpad 2’ is closed to new replies.