Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Apple addict considering a PC! – replacing/upgrading a MacBook Pro 15 from 2010
  • andytherocketeer

i’m just a tool user

that

I don’t frikken want to “experience” my laptop, or email program or OS interface. Yahoo’s the worst. Apple and MS are equally guilty of making me want to have an “experience”.

I want to use the tools and software I have.

And because I don’t have the 13 point multi touch, I can’t “experience” Mavericks (or whatever the latest one is called), because Apple decided that experience choice for me, but probably can “experience” Windoze 10, because it’s pretending to be a tablet with enormous “tiles” instead of icons for people with fat fingers, and 2 year olds.

So I’ll use Linux instead. Which is why I avoided the MS tax buying Apple, and avoided the Apple tax buying Chromebook.

molgrips
    Free Member

a tablet with enormous “tiles”

You know they’re resizeable, right? 🙂

andytherocketeer

I deleted them all in 8.1 😉
    One tile… start ye olde worlde style desktop
    10 can wait until 1 month before the free upgrade ends

slowoldman

Question for Apple fans then – what do you think of the Surface Book?

I haven’t laid hands on one so shouldn’t comment really. But… what’s that gap?

richmars

I’ve never used an apple laptop, so I don’t comment on them. What annoys me is the mis-information that keeps getting repeated about Windows PCs, that may have had some truth 20 years ago, but is now totally irrelevant.
    But the thing that annoys me most is the ‘designers use Macs’.

That’s right, all those millions of people sitting in front of Apple products doing 3d CAD.

Oh, hang on…

steveoath
    Free Member

Fwiw i don’t use windows or osx to make music… I use Ableton. Hth.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Most people on here have, I expect, ridden more than one bike or driven more than one car. Some bikes/cars feel better than others, even though they are quite simply tools ultimately doing the same job. Whilst there may be tangible elements that dictate that “feel”, what we’re talking about is user experience. Some people – myself included – care about that experience with a tool that they are sat at for several hours a day, be that the wheel of a car or the keyboard and trackpad of a computer. I’d have more money in the bank if I didn’t care about the user experience 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Apple addict considering a PC! – replacing/upgrading a MacBook Pro 15 from 2010’ is closed to new replies.