Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone using Thule 4022 kit for flush rails – fitting query ?
  • iainc

got one of these yesterday for new car. There seems to be an option of using either 2 bolts into the metal bar, or a single central one ?

Guide book is unclear. Thinking will use the 2 bolt option as surely more secure.

anyone found this ?

Thanks

giantmtb
    Free Member

Iainc, i have the same 4022’s on my roof bars for my Mondeo Est. You’re correct, the instructions are not that clear.

I have insalled them using 2 bolts, one in each of the outer holes.

The bars are solid, the only issue being that you have you use the hex key to take them off the car rather than just flipping a lever or sim.

iainc

giantmtb – excellent, just what I was hoping to hear. I have just got the new bars and footpacks, but the car is still a few weeks away, so was wanting to make sure I had it sorted out. I am going from conventional roof rails to flush ones and Thule can be confusing with their ‘pick’n’mix’ . thanks

downshep

Loving your sense of priority! The car ain’t even registered yet and you’re asking about roof rail fittings. You sir are a true biker!! 🙂

iainc

😛

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone using Thule 4022 kit for flush rails – fitting query ?’ is closed to new replies.