Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • R4 Now : The End Of Time (bout crazy folk/end of the world nutjobs)
  • somafunk

Is anyone else listening to this?, to all intents and purposes some of the peeps interviewed for the program appear to genuinely believe the world will end or a catastrophically destructive disaster will befall us on the 21st of December or around that date, there was one woman talking with regard to her 5 kids and family etc and she sounded quite a reasonable person, till she went of on one with regard to the end of days etc…etc..Is it just me or are these folk just out n’ out nutjobs?.

popstar
    Free Member

I think mass media did well to turn these into zombies.

duirdh
    Free Member

At only 52 I’m still not old enough to enjoy radio 4

maccruiskeen

At only 52 I’m still not old enough to enjoy radio 4

At 52 you’ve passed R4 and gone straight to the ‘Radio Two Home for the Bewildered’

icarus
    Free Member

Lets just hope they’re wrong eh! cos.i’ve arranged to go for a ride the next day!

bruneep

:FACT:

duirdh
    Free Member

Really? Assuming we start at R1, isn’t R4 past R2?

*bewildered by youngsters*

somafunk

Cheers Bruneep…I guess the weather forecast never lies, I now feel kinda stupid for declaring them all nutjobs…….Well folks!?….it’s been nice knowing you all, we’ve had a few arguments, a few laughs along the way and a few bollockings from the mods regarding our use of grammar on the forum, so i guess this it?…..the end of days according to Bruneep……. I hope it’s over with quickly and without unnecessary suffering….although i do hope the folk who voted in the tory party suffer a little bit more than the rest of us. Good bye all……thanks for all the fish..

GrahamS

I’m 37 and listen almost exclusively to Radio 4.

Also raises a suspicious eyebrow at “duirdh”

New login?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

But more importantly, before the world ends, have we reached a conclusion on the moon landings yet?

bruneep

druidh

or

duirdh

someone is out to confuse….

molgrips
    Free Member

I saw a Twilight zone episode or some such where the residents of some rural backwater in America were woken by a bright light which turned out to be strangely bright moonlight, like day. They deduced that the sun had gone supernova and the other side of the world was being scorched. This meant that they only had a few hours to live before being burned alive.

Interesting idea – the world ending and you could see it approaching.

pete68
    Free Member

Ive got the dentist on thursday to have a crown fitted. If i go through that just for the world to end the next day im going to be pretty annoyed.

somafunk

pete68 : Tell him to send you the bill and you’ll have the last laugh….sort of.

maccruiskeen

Really? Assuming we start at R1, isn’t R4 past R2?

*bewildered by youngsters*

They don’t run in number order, from birth to death its 1,6,4,5,2,3.

R2 is the departure lounge. R3 is the music at your funeral, but its the music thats playing when everyone arrives, not the music they play as you glide gracefully through the curtain and into the chipper.

maccruiskeen

I saw a Twilight zone episode or some such where the residents of some rural backwater in America were woken by a bright light which turned out to be strangely bright moonlight, like day. They deduced that the sun had gone supernova and the other side of the world was being scorched. This meant that they only had a few hours to live before being burned alive.

Interesting idea – the world ending and you could see it approaching.

In the scenario of an asteroid landing on Friday I’d imagine it wouldn’t be as mercifully quick as that (Assuming the asteroid didn’t land on your head). If you take the last great mass-extinction asteroid impact that wiped out the dinosaurs- that extinction didn’t take a few hours or a few days – some think it took as long as 40,000 years.

duirdh
    Free Member

Actually, I think you’ll find On 30 September 1967 BBC Radio 1 was launched, The BBC Light Programme (1945-67) was renamed Radio 2. The evening BBC Third Programme (1946-) and daytime BBC Music Programme (1965-) were merged under the heading of Radio 3, The BBC Home Service (1939-67 became Radio 4. BBC Radio 5 was launched on 27 August 1990 but was replaced by BBC Radio 5 Live on 28 March 1994.
    Handily most radios these days have preset channel buttons assorted numerically through the modern decimal system and I’d assume like me most will assign R1 to button No1, R2 to 2 and so on but I fear we have now taken one man’s dislike of the stuffy and dull presenting style of Radio 4 too far. Be a strange world if we all had the same tastes and opinions wouldn’t it?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘R4 Now : The End Of Time (bout crazy folk/end of the world nutjobs)’ is closed to new replies.