Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone using Specialized Eskar Control tyres?
  • 13thfloormonk

I'm interested in the 2bliss version, which looks like the next best thing to a tubeless ADvantage. Do they pack up much in soft conditions?

akira

Used some on and off in and around London plus in Scotland and Wales, pretty grippy tyres in all conditions, pretty big size as well but a bit slow rolling, would recommend them.

thefallguy
    Free Member

I may be out on a limb here but I really like spesh tyres, good value/performance mix IMO

I've used eskars for past couple of years for riding in the peaks, lakes and welsh/scottish trail centres
    Plus points
    Really great in most conditions
    grippy on rocks – I found them a bit slippy on wet rocks when I first used them but after reducing pressures I found their sweet spot.
    light for a AM tyre
    cheap
    Stable on a wide rim
    not too draggy for a big carcass size
    have used them as low as 15psi coming down dollywagon pike

Minus points
    They perform poorly in mud – I've some purgatorys for more mixed conditions
    sidewalls are fairly thin if you ride heavy through rocks

Brown
    Free Member

Yeah, I'm using them. Well, I've got one on the front and a Purgatory on the back.

I got them because they're one of the only decent tyres you can get for £20 easily and they'll go up tubeless. On that note, I'm planning to keep using them because they're much easier to inflate than the High Rollers I used to use.

Compared to High Rollers, they're not QUITE as grippy, but pretty close. The sidewalls are thinner (I kept pinch-flatting (tubeless!) on my Prophet, but have no problems at the lower speeds I reach on my hardtail) – but they weigh less. They're nice and big and they've lasted well too.

Overall, I'm a fan. I'd rather use High Rollers or Minions, but these are a bit lighter (which is what I wanted for my hardtail) and I find them better for tubeless. Nice tyres.

13thfloormonk

Thanks guys, all things I wanted to hear, although the reason I'm looking for new tyres is because I ripped a great big hole in the side of my Bontrager ACX, hopefully just bad luck!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure I've got one somewhere doing nothing if you're interested?

13thfloormonk

Cheers Schrick, I might rethink though, beginning to wonder if I'm becoming a tyre shredder and should maybe get heavier duty treads after all…

ianpv
    Free Member

++++ Good volume, nice and light, seal easily, roll well, cheap.

—– grip only average and v. weak sidewalls if you ride in rocks

not bad, but I won't buy them again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Specialized Eskar Control tyres?’ is closed to new replies.