Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone using Schwalbe Hans Dampf tyres?
  • strike
    Free Member

Opinions…?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes on the front. Very good IMHO. Been using one for a couple of months now. Excellent in the dry and claggy or sloppy mud.
    Yet to give me a scary moment.
    Have heard they get ripped up a bit on the back though due to the small knobs.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Yes, very fast rolling for their grip, good volume and stiff tubeless (tl ready ones) grip seems brilliant so far, was pedalling around a muddy wharncliffe on Sunday and very surprised at how the rear digs in.

I also have ust BC rubber queens and at the moment I prefer the Hans dampfs for weight/grip.

honourablegeorge

As above, delighted with them on rocks/roots, do fine in claggy mud, grip well. Draggy on hardpack – you won’t want them for trail centre use.

rugbydick

Don’t people normally suggest the Trailstar compound for the front (to take advantage of the extra grip) and Pacestar on the rear (for the faster rolling / harder wearing)?

They’re top of my list for when I eventually wear out my Cedric Gracia’s.

strike
    Free Member

I’ve seen that you can get the ORC version from Germany for 20euros each. I’m thinking it will make a good Alps tyre!

Stevelol
    Free Member

rugbydick I have the pacestar rear/trailstar front combo (bought from bike-discount.de as a pair).

honourablegeorge

rugbydick – Member

Don’t people normally suggest the Trailstar compound for the front (to take advantage of the extra grip) and Pacestar on the rear (for the faster rolling / harder wearing)?

Yep. I have two trailstars, for the grip on rooty climbs, but one of each is the norm.

jwmlee
    Free Member

Never but here is a review.

karl1824
    Free Member

As above very impressed, but are a little draggy at times, overall very happy with them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Jedi linked to this review

I was thinking about trying some a few months ago but couldn’t find any stockists. I’ve not been convinced by Fat Alberts so will be giving the HD’s a try.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using Schwalbe Hans Dampf tyres?’ is closed to new replies.