Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone used Hayes CX5 brakes yet?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Heard some good things about these, anyone have any experience and how do they compare to BB7’s, etc?

cheers

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Be interested to hear the views as well as considering the BB7’s as well 🙂

v12jat
    Free Member

I have ordered some.. Waiting for a frame to arrive from China but Will report back when its built up!

tang
    Free Member

Not cx5 but trp hy-rd. absolutely fantastic on the cx. Power, great feel on the levers, easy to set up and self modulating so no pad fiddling needed.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Those hy-rd things,
    How do they feel with regard to “solidness” and pure umph?
    The only (few) people I have spoken to about them reckon that they are good but no better than a BB7.

tang
    Free Member

Not that much off bb7. They feather well and even on the hoods I can grab a handful on a rough descent with no problems, they lock nicely too. When it gets proper dirty I think they will be brilliant. I like the look of the spyre, and had these not been free I would of given them a go.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I have some on my Soma, they are OK, can’t compare to other mechanical brakes as these were my first. I get some pulsing when lightly braking which I think is down to the rotors not being 100 % true and they are easy to lock up with good range of power.
    They are heavy too but on a whole are better in those ‘oh $hit’ situations like when the car in front decides to stop before driving over a level crossing on a steep hill!

scottyroyal
    Free Member

I’ve loved my BB7s, been amazing over the last 18 months, don’t need and more power or modulation than they provide, only down fall is they don’t sell adjust, not a problem day to day but I was having to tighten them up on the go at the 3peaks last year and on a few long wet rides since.

Soooo, I’m going to try the HyRd’s as soon as I can get my hands on a set. Did try the hope v-twin last year but really didn’t get on with it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used Hayes CX5 brakes yet?’ is closed to new replies.