What are your top tips for a quiet bike? Cables in particular.

Home Forum Bike Forum What are your top tips for a quiet bike? Cables in particular.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What are your top tips for a quiet bike? Cables in particular.
  • Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

singlespeed it 😉

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Dont get an orange?
    Getting them the right length and tight on the frame helps. Inner tube wrap on the swing arm?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

you could add some of these to limit the amount of free cable runs?

just stick them on with double sided foam sticky patch things?

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

O rings slipped over hoses and housings before fitting with a bit of leading edge tape where they’d rub keeps all my bikes pretty silent.

stuey

Do Orange still have internal hose runs?

Bagstard

I have thick sticky backed velcro on the chainstays, the alpine doesn’t use internal cable routing, but they are well secured externally. The noise is from the front end where the four cables knock together(all at optimum length.)

As to the old Orange jokes I would say the alpine is my quietest full suss bike, of the many I have owned.

Bagstard

I’m currently trying to make my Orange Alpine as quiet as possible, running 1×10 with a super short clutch mech. E13 LG1+ chainguide with strategic velcro to stop chain rattle, so now I’m looking for clever ways to stop any hose rattle.

Any good ideas?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What are your top tips for a quiet bike? Cables in particular.’ is closed to new replies.