Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone used an Atera Giro AF+ rack?
  • andyr
    Free Member

Need a roof mounted bike rack to take my sons bike when we go away on holiday as the boot will be full with the trailer for the youngest, clothes and the dog. As he’s just got a bigger bike it no longer fits behind the rear seats either.

The only one I’ve found that takes a kids bike is this. Anyone got / had one or got an opinion based on what the weather is doing today?

Before someone says it the car has not got a tow bar.

andyr
    Free Member

Bump for the morning lot.

petec
    Free Member

Got four. Take the 20″ isla with ease, rock steady, easy to do up one handed etc.

No complaints

Jason
    Free Member

Had one for ages, maybe 7 or 8 years. Covered lots of miles with it carrying bikes, longest trip was to the south of France. Yes it does take kids bikes well, I have had a 14″ wheeled Islabike in it. Only issue with it is a plastic bit in the lock mechanism failed, it still works fine it just doesn’t lock. I would never ever trust these style locks to secure my bike from theft so not an issue really. It has developed a bit of play in one of the pivots, so will replace it at some stage, but I rarely use it nowadays as I have a towbar rack on my current car. I also have a Thule 598 which I prefer, the clamping mechanism feels a bit more secure, but I have had one of the wheel clamps break on the Thule.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used an Atera Giro AF+ rack?’ is closed to new replies.