Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Anyone use garmin vivosmart hr and strava
  • doncorleoni
    Free Member

Evening all… Does anyone use the garmin vivosmart hr band and broadcast the hr to strava app on Android? Phone is ant+ enabled (samsung s6) and from the specs the band looks to be able to broadcast to ant+ enabled devices so should be able to pull in data live to strava. That’s the theory anyway! Is anyone doing this?

Thanks

flange
    Free Member

I do!

Picked up a vivo hr last week as I’ve lost my 520. On the plus side, it’s great for my commute where I’m not training specifically but still want to record my mileage. Syncs perfectlY with my phone and automatically uploads to strava as soon as I’m done. Can also control my music via the watch which saves me digging my phone out when Spotify picks something hateful. Only downside is that it doesn’t pick up data from power meters. Does sync to my cadence sensor though which is nice.

The fact that I don’t have to remember to take my garmin off the bike all the time is another win, but if you’re training seriously (zones and stuff) I’d still prefer to have the data directly in front of me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use garmin vivosmart hr and strava’ is closed to new replies.