Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone tried these………..(sorry tyre content)
  • jimster
    Free Member

Thinking of trying these out on a rigid SS, are they worth a punt?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

At that price you probably can't go wrong.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Not ridden them but they look big and heavy so personally I wouldn't use them if there was a possibility my bike might be pointing uphill at any stage

stilltortoise
    Free Member

…but for £14 I might get some for Sierra Nevada trips 😀

retro83
    Free Member

Not ridden them but they look big and heavy so personally I wouldn't use them if there was a possibility my bike might be pointing uphill at any stage

look heavy but allegedly about a 1/3 lighter than a high roller 2.3

HTTP404
    Free Member

Nope. Too big and fat. I bought these which would guarantee me some good frame clearance.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=33327

however they were the folding versions (at that price).

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I must be a weight-weenie at heart; those Velocicraptors look heavy too 🙂

The-Badger
    Free Member

I've allways had a soft spot for the motoraptors, they are not exceptional in any area but are a good all round tyre – if you had to have one tyre for everying and every season they come close.
    Grippy enough, without being too slow rolling

Quite large volume – but that good in my book if you have the clearance.

Watch out for rubber compounds – like all WTB some of the steel beaded OEM stuff is made from rubbish – heavy and poor grip. Folding and DNA compound (like your link) is the one to go for – light and grippy for the size.
    At that price recommended

poppa
    Free Member

I thought big fat tyres were good for a rigid? At least on the front. Weight doesn't look too bad – Kenda Nevs are about 630g for a 2.1". Also, WTB tyres come up a decent size in my experience (similar to Kenda).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've allways had a soft spot for the motoraptors, they are not exceptional in any area but are a good all round tyre – if you had to have one tyre for everying and every season they come close.
    Grippy enough, without being too slow rolling

Yeah, I'd go with that. I had some 2.24 kevlar ones which used to go for well under £30 a pair on Ebay. They were light, grippy and tough. The ones in the OP look a bit weighty to me, mind….

tinsy
    Free Member

Look fine, but if your bargain hunting, have a look at the on one site they had some tyres at a tenner a pop….

HTTP404
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

Not tried those tyres specifically, but I am a fan of the DNA compound.

Seems to give just the right amount of grip without being hard work.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried these………..(sorry tyre content)’ is closed to new replies.