• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by bol.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone tall (6ft 3 plus) have a Cotic X?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I’m thinking about a Cotic X but not sure it’s going to be big enough for me. Anyone over 6ft 3 have one? Any pics would be good. Thanks

boxelder

It’ll depend on your leg length/reach and TT, seat T dimensions.
    I’m 6’4″ and my CX bike has a 585mm TT I think. Road bike is 620mm.
    My 6’2″ brother is on a L Cotic X if that helps?

bol

Yep, I’m 6’4″ and rode one until recently. I got it to fit with a layback post and a 120mm stem. It looked a bit small, but felt good to ride.

teadrinker
    Free Member

It does look small doesn’t it. Could I run the Solaris with the carbon cotic fork do you think?

boxelder

Why would you? Plenty steel CX frames around.

bol

I’ve got a Solaris, and it really surprised me what a completely diferent shape the frames are when you look at them side by side.

I swapped my X for a Kenisis Pro6, which fits a lot better, is lighter and hard to fault. I really liked my X both to ride and to look at, but it wasn’t as good an allround proposition for me as the Pro6.

codebauer
    Free Member

Why the different sizes for a road and CX bikes?

I got a road bike last year, and nearly hit the trigger on an X several times already. Now I wonder what size I’ll need. I’m 6’2″ with a 60 cm road bike, my guess was a 58 cm X! ‘coz that’s the biggest….

Please educate me…

bol

I think you need to look at top tube length more than anything else. Cross bikes tend to have shorter top tubes. For example, I think my large X had a 56cm top tube and my 60cm Pro6 is 58cm. My 58cm Tarmac has a 58cm top tube. Theoretically, if you’re going to use it for its intended purpose, then you’d expect it to be a bit shorter. Mine spends most of its time on the road, so I’ve sized to match my road bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tall (6ft 3 plus) have a Cotic X?’ is closed to new replies.