Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Would there be a market for
  • andrewh
    Free Member

cups and mugs with the handle on the other side, for use by left-handed people?

soma_rich
    Free Member

No,
    next.

njee20
    Free Member

khani
    Free Member

Oh yes.. 😀 can I buy two? Can I buy a right and a left? His’n’hers..
    Can I? Can I?
    Pleeeeese…
    If a right handed person uses one will it be upside down? Or back to front? Or are they multi handed mugs?…
    OMG!!! Put TWO handles on.. you’d make a million, dragons den here I come..

fakesounding
    Free Member

quick edit, found better gif 🙂

khani
    Free Member

What do they know 😀

I’m going to be sooooo rich.. 8)

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m going to be sooooo rich..

Oi! My idea!!!!

tomhoward

To be fair, the market would probably be the same size as the one for the left handed screwdriver.

khani
    Free Member

Too late, patent applied for 😀 I’ve done an Ellsworth…
    Sooooo rich!

joao3v16
    Free Member

andrewh – you are Ned Flanders and I claim etc etc …

druidh
    Free Member

You can already get left-handed mugs. It’s often to do with where the design is locacted.

trail_rat
    Free Member

left handed hammer ?

a right hand for your left hand ?

khani
    Free Member

I’m left handed, and I got a 29er..
    Does that make me a left handed mug?

Jamie
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

You can already get left-handed mugs. It’s often to do with where the design is locacted.

D’you know, I’ve never thought about that (as a left hander), I’m going to check all my mugs!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

…and you could make it into an elephant shape too!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Not sure it helps the lefties.

highclimber
    Free Member

who can guess what this is?

Jamie
    Free Member

An Arne Jacobsen left handed soup spoon? Possibly designed in 1957.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Fwiw, I’m a “leftie” but can only use right-handed scissors.

That spoon looks quite nice though. I might buy a dozen and replace all the ones in my house. My right-handed wife and son might not find them very useful though 8)

bencooper
    Free Member

NOTE – picture shows a blue left-handed pencil and pink right-handed pencil plus the sharpener that goes with each. This product includes only for ONE LEFT-handed pencil and sharpener.

http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/acatalog/smove_easyergo_pencil.html

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

An Arne Jacobsen left handed soup spoon? Possibly designed in 1957.

For lefties who don’t know how to eat soup politely. Or for righties who need to learn. 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

NOTE – picture shows a blue left-handed pencil and pink right-handed pencil plus the sharpener that goes with each. This product includes only for ONE LEFT-handed pencil and sharpener.

Why would you use a pencil sharpener on a plastic ‘pencil’ that you put refills in?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m a “leftie” but can only use right-handed scissors.

Do you use them with your right hand? Oh the frustrations my kid went through when I told him why he couldn’t cut properly with scissors!

trail_rat
    Free Member

precision drawing pencil perhaps ? the blunt end left by a snapped lead isnt conducive to detailed drawings.

Jamie
    Free Member

For lefties who don’t know how to eat soup politely. Or for righties who need to learn.

Both sides are covered.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve done an Ellsworth…

I’ve heard whispers about Mr Ellsworth so I did some research…..WOW that guy is a real asshole!

njee20
    Free Member

So when I eat I do it the ‘normal’ way – fork in left, knife in right, but if I only have one implement – such as a fork, I’d have it in my left, whilst a right hander has it in their right (thus actually swapping the fork side). Any other lefties the same?

DezB
    Free Member

I once did a charcoal drawing at school. Started from the left. By the time I’d got to the end, I’d wiped the whole picture off. Would’ve been beautiful thing too.

flowergirl
    Free Member

njee20, same here! Spoon goes in left hand but when using just a knife that’s also in my left hand. Dread to think what might happen if I tried using a sharp knife with my right hand! Loss of digits for sure!
    I use left handed scissors (why do I have to pay more for them?) but couldn’t use a left handed cork screw or a tin opener to save my life (yes, they do both exist!)
    Strange thing is, if ever I play squash or tennis I have to serve right handed but can then swap hands. Drives your opponent mental 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Left footed MTB?

Actually left footed football boots are quite a hit. Slightly different balance and lacing combined with power pads strategically placed on the toe and instep to maximise led footers biomechanics. Cost 30% more than basic boots though 🙁

grantway
    Free Member

LOL just turn the cup around to the lefthand ?

fakesounding
    Free Member

LOL just turn the cup around to the lefthand ?

Cougar

So when I eat I do it the ‘normal’ way – fork in left, knife in right, but if I only have one implement – such as a fork, I’d have it in my left, whilst a right hander has it in their right (thus actually swapping the fork side). Any other lefties the same?

Yes, me. As far as I remember it’s how I instinctively taught myself, I don’t recall ever being taught a ‘right’ way to do it.

My logic goes: I’m left handed, I eat with my left hand. If I require something supplementary such as a knife or a beverage, I’ll use my otherwise free right hand.

It was years before it really registered on my radar that right-handers eat with their dominant hand if using a spoon or fork on its own but switch to eating “wrong-handed” if they use a knife and fork. I’m sure it must make sense at some level, but it seems to me like a bloody weird thing to do.

What’s the etiquette if you’re right-handed and are using a fork and a spoon for spaghetti?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

With the ‘right’ logo anything is possible

Cougar

As for the OP,

Yes, there is, a mate of mine has one. Something like this,

http://andersonlefthandside.com.au/gifts/gifts-images/80_b.gif

The very small text reads something akin to, “warning, it is dangerous to drink from this side.”

Cougar

With the ‘right’ logo anything is possible

Careful with that cup, it might get dropped suddenly.

ebygomm
    Free Member

couldn’t use a left handed cork screw or a tin opener to save my life

I’d like a left handed tin opener, I’m right handed (technically, although can write with both hands) but use a tin opener as a left handed person might which always looks a bit special.

LenHankie

njee20 – Member

Yes, same here. Though the only other thing I do left handed (fnarr) is writing. For everything else I’m right handed and right footed too. Anyone else a similar freak?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im a left handed eater , watch is as if im left handed , so when i pick up a hammer at work in my right and go to swing ive had odd looks

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Would there be a market for’ is closed to new replies.