• This topic has 39 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Anyone saved a baby from drowning today. Serious story.
  • TeaBoyPaul

Right place, right time!! Well done that man!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Wasn’t me, but hats off!! Well done

bigyinn
    Free Member

What brand was he sporting?

Seriously though, well done that rider!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good man, well done!

cranberry
    Free Member

Hats off to the man!

( as long as he isn’t a roadie 🙂 )

Seriously – a brave thing to do, the Ouse at York is a plenty big river and I understand that there has been no shortage of rain in God’s Own County in recent days.

AndrewBF
    Free Member

(y)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

If we look for this on the Daily Wail site, will we see lots of comments about ‘dangerous cyclists’?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Hats off to the man!

( as long as he isn’t a roadie )

Obviously not a roadie. They don’t even give a nod or say hello, let alone stop and save drowning children.

😈

toys19
    Free Member

I often worry about this, going along the tow path with either a child strapped into a trailer or strapped into the wee ride. Its the panicked undoing of strappage underwater that gives me the shivers..

I_did_dab
    Free Member

No chance! A STWer would stop and berate the mother for not correctly applying the brake of the pram, before riding off.

This was obviously a quick thinking and brave individual who deserves some sort of medal.

molgrips
    Free Member

I often worry about this, going along the tow path with either a child strapped into a trailer or strapped into the wee ride. Its the panicked undoing of strappage underwater that gives me the shivers

Me too, on towpaths with the trailer..!

You’d have done the same thing though in that situation, wouldn’t you? Most people would I spect 🙂 Still, well done and all.

nbt

*chapeau* to the chap in question. I like to think I’d do the same

CaptJon
    Free Member

What’s the betting a poster will turn up later complaining about the wayward pram that forced them to dive off their bike and into the Ouse?

molgrips
    Free Member

I bet he feels pretty good about himself today 🙂

chugg08

If that had been around here, he’d have pinched the purse out of the bag that was in the pram and used the “saving baby routine” as a diversion to make a swift getaway…maybe he did and thats why the poilice want to find him 😆

Hats off to the guy in question, I’d hope all of us would do the same (save the baby that is!)

Klunk
    Free Member

round here someone would have ridden off on your bike while you were saving the baby.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, good guy, hope we’d all do the same… HOWEVER! I would hope my wife wouldn’t be stupid enough to let go of a pram containing our child on a slope near a flippin river! 😕

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Good stuff but you have to wonder why he didn’t stick around.
    The story makes it sound like he swooped in his underpants and then did one clark kent stylie.

If i’d have jump into the river to save a drowning baby I think I would have stuck around to make sure they were ok / ambulance arrived etc

enduro-aid
    Free Member

what tyres for river riding?

TheFlyingOx

FTA:

the baby’s mum would like to thank him personally for his bravery

*ahem*

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Good stuff but you have to wonder why he didn’t stick around.
    The story makes it sound like he swooped in his underpants and then did one clark kent stylie.

If i’d have jump into the river to save a drowning baby I think I would have stuck around to make sure they were ok / ambulance arrived etc

That’s how it sounded to me, made me think of the Family Guy/Spiderman “Everybody gets one”.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Anyone saved a baby from drowning today. Serious story.

Possibly, he only saved a pram from floating down a river with a baby in it.

Whether or not the baby would have drowned at any point is just an assumed conclusion to get a more attention seeking headline.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Doesn’t say it was floating. Have you got kids? I can’t see a pram floating.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Here we go.. 🙄

5thElefant
    Free Member

A floating pram. Now that’s an idea. Some kind of air-bag mechanism maybe. Genius.

RealMan
    Free Member

A male cyclist who was passing by jumped into the river and pulled the infant to safety before riding off.

Did he do a whip though?

Maybe he buggered off cause he didn’t want to miss his ride, or was worried about getting sued despite doing the right thing.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

who’s saying that the pram wasn’t more than wheel deep in water and the chap in question puled it out and then disappeared…

I_Ache
    Free Member

I can’t see a pram floating.

Was the pram on a conveyor belt?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Which brakes for a pram?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

To be fair, as a parent and imagining the horror that the mum must have felt, I’d like to thank the fella too. Whoever you are, you’re a good guy (unless, like someone said above, you’re a roadie, but if you were cycling along the banks of the Ouse I doubt you were).

hora
    Free Member

I am still gobsmacked at the Asian couple beaten back by the house fire flames, car pulls up, young woman runs straight passed them, up the stairs and brings out their young child (80% burns), hands over to Paramedics then disapears.

avdave2

I bet he feels pretty good about himself today

He may not feel to good tomorrow though. Years ago on some daft raft race I ended up spending quite a lot of time in the Kennet and Avon and I felt thoroughly crap for a couple of weeks. God knows what was in the ooze at the bottom.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve spent many hours in/on the Ouse and never felt bad. Lost count of the number of times I’ve pissed in it though.

maycontainnuts

Yeah, good guy, hope we’d all do the same… HOWEVER! I would hope my wife wouldn’t be stupid enough to let go of a pram containing our child on a slope near a flippin river!

Let them without sin cast the first stone an all that. I know I’ve looked back at some situations I’ve been in and though “What a dumbass, why did I do that”. Luckily most of the time all we get are bruised egos and a lesson learned.

Hats off to the cyclist dude.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Doesn’t say it was floating. Have you got kids? I can’t see a pram floating.

Doesn’t say the baby was drowning either … just a journo’s attempt to grab reader’s attention

Not even a suggestion the baby was even slightly moist. Other than due to it’s own excretions.

who’s saying that the pram wasn’t more than wheel deep

“man saves pram from getting wet axles” isn’t half as brave

although, jumping into a river really isn’t particularly brave either, unless you can’t swim or are wearing a suite of armour

hora
    Free Member

Talk about pissing on someones achievements by casting doubt.

Nice.

avdave2

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euG1y0KtP_Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=63s[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Talk about pissing on someones achievements by casting doubt

I really doubt if he would give a shite what that lot think!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Anyone saved a baby from drowning today. Serious story.’ is closed to new replies.