Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Real uk road racing cycling on tv tonight
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.tourseries.co.uk

Starts tonight on ITV4 AT 20.00 HRS, from Durham, the race was last night.

From Aberystwyth Thursday night, on itv4, at 20.00hrs on friday.

New teams and new comentattors.

What we need is inner city mountainbiking,

project
    Free Member

Obviously nobody watched, good race though, a few crashes.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

That corner caught a few out. Last crash looked a bit painful.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crazy-legs

That Durham course is always really tough, it caused absolute carnage last year, in fact it was so confusing with all the lapped riders that the wrong team was initially announced as the winners. 😳

Tour Series is great, I went to 2 rounds last year and it’s nice to see crit racing back on TV. Probably get to Stoke and Oldham this year.

Digger90
    Free Member

Loved it!

Exciting, fast, dangerous, colourful… wicked.

Am going to the Woking and London rounds in person with the wife & kids .

project
    Free Member

Chester and Southport pulled out this year sadly.

Stoke on Trent, is a good one, plenty of turns and straights.

Oldham is new course.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Kettering pulled out as well this year but is hoping to be back next year.

Oggles
    Free Member

I was watching, couldn’t find the thread at the time though 😳 Very tough course by all accounts.
    I know one of the lads on Team Raleigh so good to see they’re in early with team third 🙂

Can’t make any of the rounds in person this year so the TV will have to do!

smokey_jo

Town centre crit racing is in a big decline this year, British CyclingElite circuit series has gone from 12 rounds plus a long waiting list to 8 races this year, Council’s can’t bank roll them see

colournoise

Been to the Peterborough round last 2 years. Great spectacle.

Will miss this year’s though. Next Tuesday I will be in Wales planning a few days riding myself.

slainte 😕 rob

Oxboy
    Free Member

Damn missed it, I was out on my bike!

project
    Free Member

on itv player tomorrow hopefully.

Theres also the tour of Britain in september.

bland

the right hander at the bottom of the hill onto yorkshire street could be good for crashes on the Oldham race

goslow

I watched the racing in Durham. The course was short enough (1.5km) and the race long enough (80 minutes) to have a leisurely stroll right around the course. Similar to mountain biking the TV coverage doesn’t really show how steep the descent into the very tight corner before the cobbled climb is.
    We can’t test ourselves on the course as it goes the wrong way along one way streets.
    I then watched the race on TV so I could find out what happened.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does anyone know how many laps they actually did?

Total distance, average speed??

Thanks.

StuE
    Free Member

This is usually a good race http://www.otleycycleraces.co.uk/

crazy-legs

Round 2 from an incredibly windy Aberystwyth is on ITV4 tonight.

Does anyone know how many laps they actually did?
    Total distance, average speed??

Durham isn’t a traditional crit circuit (it’s way hillier than most crits) and team tactics came into play quite a bit with the Team Managers telling the leading group to slow down and wait for the main bunch so the average speed was quite low, about 24mph. Think they did about 28 laps of racing which at 1.4km per lap is 40km, it was just over an hour so 24mph is about right.

Flat crits at that pro-rider level will be averaging closer to 28-29mph, they really are properly brutal, it’s an exercise in technical perfection.

ourmaninthenorth

Blast. Missed it. Really wanted to see Durham turned into a crit circuit (I know the city centre well).

Oggles
    Free Member

Does anyone in East Midlands want to come and watch some circuit racing tomorrow?
    Loughborough University campus criterium. With entries from Team Raleigh (as seen in the Tour Series) and Hope Factory Racing.

http://www.lsu-cycling.co.uk/criterium/

Alejandro
    Free Member

What is ‘crit’ racing?

ourmaninthenorth

What is ‘crit’ racing?

Criterium. Road racing on a closed, short circuit, often in a town or city centre.

Also requires explosive power, a high pain threshold and superb bike handling skills.

Oggles
    Free Member

superb bike handling skills.

Triathletes need not apply.

finbar
    Free Member

I’m going to watch this on the ITV player tonight 😀

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Aberystwyth round is on ITV4 at 8pm tonight. It was a good nights racing. Much less demanding circuit than Durham, but the wind caused havoc and a few crashes as a result.

Looked like some fast and furious racing from start to finish, so should be good to watch on TV.

project
    Free Member

Tour Series on now, wednesday 1 june, 20.00, itv 4

rOcKeTdOg

some very fit looking lady riders (in all senses)

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Hope they put it on ITV player, I really meant to watch it as I am part of the Inverse team! any good shots of them? 😛

crazy-legs

Couple of decent shots Becky, they concentrated more on Motorpoint though – short interviews with Hannah Walker and Hannah Barnes. It’ll be on ITV Player later.

Good race at Peterborough, blisteringly quick. Lets hope the weather stays good for the rest of the series.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Did you see how much of a tool Russell Downing looked being interviewed with sunnies on when it wasn’t sunny! Looked like a complete moron or like he’d been copying Wiggo!!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Didn’t find it as good as last weeks. Women’s race could have had a bit more publicity.

crazy-legs

Round 4 from Colchester on ITV4 now.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I always thought a “Crit Race” was where a bunch of rich road riders turned up at a specified meeting point and spent an allocated amount of time Criticizing each others chosen team lycra, road bike and chainring size.

Turns out it stands for Criterium Race, and its not that interesting.

crazy-legs

I went to the Stoke-on-Trent round tonight, was good fun. Great crowds, good atmosphere all round the course. The racing was really fast, the looks on the faces of the riders said it all, proper grimaces as they fought the headwind on the back straight. 1.2km circuit and they were lapping about every 90-100 seconds! Average speed of about 27mph.

On TV tomorrow night at 8pm on ITV4. I had a chat with Ned Boulting, the ITV4 anchorman as well, nice bloke. He was telling some funny stories from the Tour of California.

project
    Free Member

As above, on ITV tonight Thursday 20.00, and tomorrow early morning and on the ITV player.

A really fast ride, and a big crash near the town hall i think, riders came limping back in various states of agony, and a few broken bikes.

Some utube vid up latter, along with some pictures.

Oh and its at OLDHAM tomorrow night 7.00pm start.

cp

brilliant, thanks for the heads up – particularly the reference to itv player, will have a bit of a catchup 🙂

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/search/default.html?Filter=tour%20series

rocketman
    Free Member

Surprised there are any bikes left to race knowing what a light-fingered lot they are in Hanleyduck

project
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsWO4y-dY-s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Did i mention its on ITV 4 tonight wednesday at 20.00 and on itv player tommorrow.

roper
    Free Member

Looking forward to it.
    thanks for the reminder.

crazy-legs

Oldham tonight was a great race, one of the toughest courses I’ve seen. Tight right hander from a screaming descent right into a long drag of a climb to the start/finish which caught out a couple of riders who went skidding off into the crash mats. Should look good on TV tomorrow night.

Oh and I had a nice meal in the VIP bit too. Just thought I’d mention that. 🙂

project
    Free Member

Be on ITV at 20.00 friday then.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Real uk road racing cycling on tv tonight’ is closed to new replies.