Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone running 80mm forks these days?! (Anyone have them on their inbred?)
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I've overdone it with travel on my inbred so was looking to change my 130mm Manitou Minutes for some 100mm forks, but then noticed 80mm Rebas go a bit cheaper on ebay and so was thinking I might go for a pair of them instead…

Any thoughts on 80mm vs 100mm on a 'razzing around the woods' ss? I'm thinking it'd probably be more than enough, but not sure how it would handle steering-wise with a short stem?

… I've run 100, 110, and 130 on the inbred so far and it definitely seemed happier around the 100 mark – would 80mm be taking it too far?

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

prettygreenparrot

I have some tasty old SIDs that came on my Orange Sub5 63 or 80mm travel. They're on my Kona Unit for now. They're lovely. Go for it.

MrSparkle

I used to run some owd 80mm Bombers on my owd SS Inbred before I went rigid (well, the bike did!) and it was fine.

dawson

not an inbred, but these are mine

sheldona
    Free Member

I've got 80mm on one of my IF's and about 90mm on the other, can't say I notice much difference between them and the 100mm on my other SS tbh.

thomthumb
    Free Member

80mm rebas can be converted to 100.

i have 80mm on my 29er scandal if that counts. they are nice when not full of river water!!

tazzymtb

I've got some cheap as chips marzocchi marathon superlights for sale in a lovely gun metal grey 80mm 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running 80mm forks these days?! (Anyone have them on their inbred?)’ is closed to new replies.