• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • anyone riding near RAF Benson??
  • renton
    Free Member

Just been told Im posted to RAF Besnon and was just wondering fi anyone on here knew the area at all??

cheers

steve

rob2
    Free Member

Me! Live just down the road in cholsey.

I’ m mega unfit but up for a pootle.

Some good routes nearby and if you pedal a bit further you are in the chilterns proper.

BB

Loads of good routes round there. You’re going to be on the scarp slope of the Chilterns where all the best riding is. Get an OS map and enjoy.*

*It will be a bit of a swamp for the next few months….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    renton
    Free Member

cool , sounds good!! will be in touch when i get down there in new year!!

Amos
    Free Member

I live in Goring just down the road, if you want to get out at all drop me an email. Also speak to Neal at Trailjunkies he knows the area very well, as mentioned is rather boggy and sketchy as **** in places! Cinnamon girl should be along soon too , she, I believe knows the area well

nickc

Yep, loads of riding, go from Watlington most weekends, either road or off road.

Amos
    Free Member

Sorry meant to say my email is in my profile, you’ll also enjoy buzzing the Williams factory which seems to be past time of the Merlin and puma pilots 😆

pedalhead
    Free Member

A group of us ride in Oxford on a Tuesday night & Chilts or further afield most weekends. Drop me a line if you want to come along sometime. My Mum’s got a place in Benson by the river. Nice area.

TooTall
    Free Member

Benson has always had a good bunch of cyclists there. There will be more than a few mountain bikers inside the wire who you’ll find quick enough.

renton
    Free Member

cool , didnt realise it was so popular!! am i likely to be overbiked on an enduro round there??

br
    Free Member

Plenty of riding in the Chilterns (Dunstable to Goring) plus around onto the Ridgeway all the way to Swindon.

I’m Aylesbury – EIP

Amos
    Free Member

Over biked ha! I ride an el guapo for everything so I’m massively over biked!

br
    Free Member

cool , didnt realise it was so popular!! am i likely to be overbiked on an enduro round there??

Yes, well I was, HC HT is what you need, and Mud X’s until April…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘anyone riding near RAF Benson??’ is closed to new replies.